Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Ok, I kind of am in delema a bit. My wife and I are building a new house and unfortunately I have to live within the HOA confinements of No Antenna's other than what's allowed by OTARD. I am going to try and sneak a 1.2 meter, but I wanted to know what is your all's success getting Cband off a 1.2 or 1 meter offset. What can you get and not get. Keep in mind I am in Tucson. I have a 10 foot Cband dish I would love to put up but cant until the HOA is handed off to the homeowners and we can get the rules changed. I would like to put up a ham tower as well so, I see a future run for HOA pres coming up for me! LOL :) I can tell you one thing, if you lived in my HOA, we would have the most relaxed rules when it comes to antennas and satellite dish's..... THERE WOULD BE NONE AND ALL IS FAIR GAME! :)

I do quite well here with a 90x99 Hotdish 90 and the Titanium C1. Before that I ran DMS421's and 422's successfully. What you are able to get in AZ could be completely different from what I can get here in MN. It can be really hard to compare C-band small dish at different locations.

Quick runthru, I can usually get most of the Fox (or whatever they are) muxes on 91W for when stuff goes ITC. BYU comes in good if I tune for it, along with a couple others on that bird. 99W PR mux and GDMX are easy targets thru most of the country. The Wyoming NBC on that bird also comes in most of the time with the C1, less reliable with a DRO. Several Christian and Spanish channels from 99W @ 101W too.

97W brings in AMG & DrTV.
95W brings in LPTV mux very strong, like stronger than alot of Ku!
111W that Saskatchewan channel that does the City TV stuff comes in good.
107W I get some CA tribal channel & sometimes a lotto feed very strong.
125W Christian Mux
135W Bloomberg came in decent with a DRO but my LOS is blocked for that bird.
58W (I think) gets the NHK TP and looks awesome.

Thats the main stuff that comes to mind but there is more and a ton more just below STB threshold. You might see more, less and/or different stuff coming in strong in your area.

You will get channels as stated, on several satellites. But as each slowly changes from DVB S to DVB S2 you will not get them anymore. But it's the fun of trying right?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I dont understand this massive HOA fad. Why would anyone want a HOA? who are these people that refuse to buy a house unless its covered under a HOA? I personally will never again ever do a HOA. My very first house I bought (when I was 23) was under HOA and at the time was very naive to home ownership, never again.

UDL

I dont understand this massive HOA fad. Why would anyone want a HOA? who are these people that refuse to buy a house unless its covered under a HOA? I personally will never again ever do a HOA. My very first house I bought (when I was 23) was under HOA and at the time was very naive to home ownership, never again.

UDL
You pay for the land and it is your land!!!...Do with it as you wish....HOA is a monopoly...What gives anyone a right to dictate what you do with your land?...White man stole from Indians and now the White man dictates what you do.....Put as many dish`s as you can find!!...It is your Dirt to plant a pole!!!!...

I use a 1 meter dish I get 99w about 20 channels I have picked up 5 satellites on my dish in c band just look at your foot print area on satbeams.

Dan rose

If you must do it this way, try to sneak in a quality 1.2 offset.

I may be wrong here but isn't there some kind of law that prevents HOAs from outlawing satellite dishes? I remember reading something somewhere that was related to that but can't remember where or the specific details.

I may be wrong here but isn't there some kind of law that prevents HOAs from outlawing satellite dishes? I remember reading something somewhere that was related to that but can't remember where or the specific details.

OTARD protects your right to have a dish that is 1 meter or smaller. Any bigger, no legal protection.

I just set up a BSC421 with scalar ring on my Fortec 1.2m. I'm on the west coast of Canada. I get a bunch of stuff but primarily the US networks and feeds on 99, Classic Arts on 91, Fight TV and RussiaToday (in spanish no less) on 121, and numerous religious stations scattered around and there are a few sats I haven't tried yet. I am leaning toward trying the new C1-PLL to bring up some stability. The C1-PLL has been well reviewed here and FridgeFTA.
I'm using the 421 as a sidecar and mostly set it up to watch the superbowl last weekend but now plan to keep it there. In theory, it'll work better in prime focal position, but I prefer to keep my PLL Ku LNB there.

I guess you could give the option of having a discreet camouflaged 1.2m or a colourful rainbow or smiley faced painted 1m dish and ask the HOA which they'd prefer.

The problem is you can not buy new construction any more without an HOA. There are still HOA's in my rental community and they were built in the 90's. I really wish we could get rid of HOA's completely!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)