cband ribbon cable clips

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wildboys

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Does anyone know where you can buy cable clips for cband ribbon cable?I cannot seem to find any on the net.Will dual rg6 cable clips fit around Rg6 ribbon cable?

For attachment to the dish, a technique often used involves punching a small hole on either side of the rib, and pushing a cable tie through. Sometiimes if the tie is not long enough, use two ties...install one on back of dish and one on front side, put together, pull tight and clip the excess.

I ended up using zippy ties around the cable and then driving a sheet rock screw thru the tie to where i wanted it hung. Not elegant, but it has been up 2 years now with no problems.

I have some small whitish plastic wrap arounds (the ribbon cable would have to be rolled where these are attached) that can be secured with nails or scews but the zip ties also work.

also if your new dish doesn't have any drain holes at the bottom , you might consider it. for any water build up inside those ribs. Mine split with last years freeze , didn't ruin it but its split, and i'm sure it weaken it a bit.

One other tip on cable ties. Use black ones, which do have some degree of ultraviolet resistance. White ties break down quickly from exposure to sunlight, especially in desert environments.

My dish (cassegrain) is built a little differently than everyone elses, but I ran conduit from the ground up to just next to where the cable enters the dish and got some super long zip ties at Lowes to attach the conduit to the pole. The conduit helps keep me from making any tragic mistakes with the lawn mower. :)

My dish (cassegrain) is built a little differently than everyone elses, but I ran conduit from the ground up to just next to where the cable enters the dish and got some super long zip ties at Lowes to attach the conduit to the pole. The conduit helps keep me from making any tragic mistakes with the lawn mower. :)

Got mine in 3" PVC pipe about a foot under ground no problems then :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts