cband s2 on a 1.2 meter dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am having a hard time getting S2 on a 8 foot dish, so I would think it would be much harder on a dish half the size.

A 4' Dish has about 12.5 square foot of surface
A 6' dish has about 28 sq ft of area (thanks pendragon)
An 8' has about 50 square foot of surface
A 10' is about 79 square foot of surface

Last edited:
I am able to lock a reasonable number of S2 feeds on my 6', but only with a highly tuned setup: single ortho feed with Norsat 8115s and cheating the f/D adjustment. When I moved the dual ortho over recently I lost a tiny bit of margin and I doubt it now works as well. Using the single ortho/Norsats and no cheats on the 7.5', S2 has worked most of the time. Still with my 10' and the soon to be mounted 10.5', I expect to use those more and more in the future. Before one takes this as any encouragement to try this on a 1.2m and in honor of Lak7's post, a 6' dish has about 28 sq ft of area.

I am having a hard time getting S2 on a 8 foot dish, so I would think it would be much harder on a dish half the size.

S2 on a 4 footer aint gonna happen. If you can barely pull in DVB-S signals with it S2 needs a bigger dish...

I can BARELY get some S2 with my 6 footer.
TCT on G19 I can get very low quality (and its QSPK DVB-S2)

I have been able to lock a 3/4 FEC DVB-S2 feed but it took a LOT of time and patience...too bad I can't lock it anymore

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)