Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
OK guys, so some of you know about my recent aquisition of both a Digitrans
DTE-7150 receiver, and now a GI HDD-1000 hi-def decoder.
This thread will attempt to keep everyone updated of my progress in making these two beasts play well together! :D Right now this system is sharing the Geosat Pro C2 on my 7.5 footer, with the 4DTV, on C-band only, but will have it's own dedicated dish in the future.
I connected the ASI out of the receiver, to the ASI input of the HD decoder.
The decoder works fine with the TBN mux on G-14. SD video is outputted directly from the receiver, while HD looks awesome from the component outputs of the HDD-1000! Audio comes from the 7150, and not the 1000 for both HD and SD. So it works for regular DVB-HD. Nice, but nothing I didn't already have. ;)
Next we tried the Nebraska NET PBS feeds on G-28 'cause I wanted to verify HD/SD with DCII as well as DVB. So far SD video works fine, but I haven't (yet) got HD out of the 1000 on the DCII signal. It may very likely be operator error, since this receiver still confuses me at times! :rolleyes:
Still looking for that all-elusive 4:2:2 HD signal on C-band to see if it will do what I need it to do, come fall. ;) More updates as we play some more! :D

Haven't had much more free time here lately, but as I figure out more signals that this receiver/decoder pair will do, I'll sure post it here!:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)