Status
Please reply by conversation.

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi All,

I was wondering...if I edited the FEC readings in Ali Editor would I be able to view the CBS "Pitchblue" and "HD distribution" feeds on G19 using my Micro HD receiver ? The "HD distribution" feeds are 9/10 and the "Pitchblue" feeds are 5/6.
I've never used the editor for this purpose and I don't want to risk creating an endless loop cycle for my receiver, if that's possible.
As it currently stands, a scan of this satellite fails to pick up these feeds.
Thanks in advance for any imput.

Not sure why these transponders would require editing as they lock and channels log on the micoHD.

I never watch theses feeds, but aren't they 4:2:2? If so, record the feed and play back on PC using VLC. To watch live, purchase an AZbox or PCI S2 card.

There is no risk of reboot looping if you use the latest firmware and never load a user database file that was created on old firmware (before version .13). Remover the power source for a few moments after loading any files to the micro to clear any legacy memory blocks.

Not sure why these transponders would require editing as they lock and channels log on the micoHD.

There is no risk of reboot looping if you use the latest firmware and never load a user database file that was created on old firmware (before version .13). Remover the power source for a few moments after loading any files to the micro to clear any legacy memory blocks.

I understood that if a satellite was deleted without first removing the associated channels, it would cause a reboot loop. Has this been fixed?

I never watch theses feeds, but aren't they 4:2:2? If so, record the feed and play back on PC using VLC. To watch live, purchase an AZbox or PCI S2 card.

SarelliteAV,

Thanks for your answer and sorry for the late response on my part, I was away a for few days.
I assumed that in order to get these CBS feeds, all that was needed was a little tweaking of the FEC with Ali Editor.
I guess I assumed wrongly. These channels do appear to lock in a scan, but the quality and strength levels are very low and stay in the "gray zone."
Not sure if these are 4:2:2, but I'm not going to go to all that trouble of recording to PC or purchasing another receiver, just to watch CBS.
BTW...have had the MicroHD since last August and lovin it !!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)