CBS HD Availability

superharo

Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
Hi,
I'm in Stateline, NV (Lake Tahoe) and I'm only eligible to receive the regular Reno network affiliates via satellite. The DISH rep I spoke to on the phone said I was not eligible to receive CBS HD and that I was going to have to fax over a waiver request to the Reno CBS affiliate. This process is completely seperate from the waiver request that DISH will send on my behalf to the Reno affiliates so I could receive the Los Angeles networks. Living on a ridge at 7300 feet there is no way I can possible receive the OTA HD signal from Reno 50 miles away. In any case, I thought it was "easier" to be approved for the CBS HD feed. Can't most people that subscribe to the HD pack receive this anyway without being "qualified"? I'm confused. :confused:

Thanks

Hi Welcome to sat guys :)! To get CBS hd feed you have to be in a market owned by CBS corperation or have a waiver to recive CBS as a distant. Most people who get the HD pack Dont get CBS HD. They have to follow under those guidelines, and Specificly Request CBS HD. If you can get your local Cbs to allow that waver you should be all set.

superharo:
You'll need a waiver from your local CBS station and a second dish pointing at 61.5 or the 148 sat to get CBS-HD turned on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)