CBS HD Feeds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'd like to hear the FOX-HD via Directv explanation also? I receive "only" the east/west SD feeds on channels 388 & 389.

oops, never mind. I went back and read another post that stated his FOX "HD" was OTA.

I think the station can be broadcasting an HD signal and still show a SD or ED program. Kind of like ESPN-HD showing SD content. The tuner and guide still show it as an HD program and the PQ is better than the "normal" espn if you compare the two.

sto22

What a shock, NASCAR fans arguing ... I guess I should shut up given the Nilsen ratings for NASCAR vs. the NHL. BUT #8 is a hoser, I had to say that!

The FOX OTA stations are 480p DTV not HDTV. There are various channels in the DTV spectrum, each network can broadcast up to 5 different program in the same "channel" ie, 9-1, 9-2, 9-3, 9-4, 9-5.

If the NASCAR was in HD it would have said like ABC does ... also available in HD. Odds are it was a 480p signal and well all know that OTA's look better than SAT. Fox is kind of funky in my area and would think it's the same nationwide, all programming on the various receivers I have used is almost 16x9. I have about 1.5" inches on both sides of my TV. It is still only a 480p DTV signal so it looks better than SAT and better then SDTV. DTV has the ability to do HDTV but that requires all 5 “channels”

If you want more info on the differences check out http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/digitaltv.html & http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/dtv.htm

FYI - this is a hijacked CBS HD thred, not that I really care but lets stay on topic.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)