CBS' Jericho: A Familiar Story

it's crazy thats cbs for you.they cancel jericho for what reason low ratings.i would blame low ratings on the writers strike for hurting jericho.maybe sci-fi,usa or another network will pick it up and continue the series.we can only hope.

Lets be honest, they never intended more then 7 episodes. It was a way to deal with the PR disaster they had when initially canceling it.

The strike should have theoretically helped, as the seven episodes were finished and they were able to show it when nothing else was on, but it just didn't matter. :(

Once again our local station totally s***** us in Sacramento. Not shown in HD. Actually it was blurry Sd. God I wish I still had National feeds. We used to qualify based on it being owned by CBS.

S~

NUTS!!!!
I am going to miss this show!!
At least they gave us some kind of ending for it. And it appears that if someone else wants pick it up they left a storyline thread there for it to be continued...

I completely agree with the previos post as if this was Season 1, this episode would have been spread out over several shows showing out they got from point A to B rather than "Let's go...", commercial break, "We're here...", LOL I'm happy with how it ended, and hope they do get picked up by another network as a third season as they did leave it open enough. I remember reading on some site where they said the third season (which was essentially written) had the story based in Cheyenne for the season.

-Mike

Once again our local station totally s***** us in Sacramento. Not shown in HD. Actually it was blurry Sd. God I wish I still had National feeds. We used to qualify based on it being owned by CBS.

S~

Wow, that is insane. Why would the not show a show in HD on a local network that is provided by the network in HD? I've never seen such a thing in my market. CBS looks great over cable in HD or OTA HD.

I completely agree with the previos post as if this was Season 1, this episode would have been spread out over several shows showing out they got from point A to B rather than "Let's go...", commercial break, "We're here...", LOL I'm happy with how it ended, and hope they do get picked up by another network as a third season as they did leave it open enough. I remember reading on some site where they said the third season (which was essentially written) had the story based in Cheyenne for the season.

-Mike

They could do a spinoff show called "Cheyenne" about the revolution without actually having to bring back the whole cast.

They could bring back Jake and Hawkins and the rest a whole new cast. That could actually be a really good show and a fresh start offers a fresh chance at an audience.

I agree that it is done, but at least the story left open the possibility.

For the most part, it was great while it lasted (forgetting those awful soap opera episodes in the fall of 2006). :)

I really enjoyed the final 7 episodes. My biggest complaint is the last two shows were too condensed. This season would have played out better in maybe 10 episodes. Oh well. Also, it takes just a little more than a "leap of faith" to believe J&R (aka any Defense Contractor) to launch a strike against the US. Government The Defense Industry is loaded with very loyal and very patriotic former military. Likewise, I can't image what Army would disregard the Constitution and pledge their allegiance to the ASA.

Anyway, the final number for Jericho weren't impressive...but I enjoyed it. Of course, I also liked Invasion. Anyway, time for the networks to clean house and get rid of the horrible reality shows along with a stack of stinkers: Big Brother, Amazing Race, Survivor, American Idol, Hell's Kitchen, Lost, Dancing with the Stars, Here Come the Newlyweds, The Mole, NBC.;)

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/27/arts/27arts-MOURNERSABSE_BRF.html?ref=arts

CBS’s sci-fi show “Jericho” limped across the finish line on Tuesday, attracting just under six million viewers for its series finale, Nielsen reported. “Jericho,” first canceled last spring but revived over the summer after an outcry from devoted fans, only to be canceled once again, finished third in its 10 p.m. slot, behind ABC’s “Primetime” (10.4 million) and a repeat of NBC’s “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” (8.5 million).

Last edited:
(forgetting those awful soap opera episodes in the fall of 2006). :)

I remember really wanting to jump through my TV and just cold cocking JohnsTon smack dab in the nose. Something about that guy and his douchebaggy attitude as "mayor of this town." He needed to be killed off, as he truly did add too much soap opera drama to the show. Him and Jake's brother, with his infidelity and that stupid side story. Maybe the shorter seasons are the way to go for these action serials. Cram all the action into fewer shows and cut out the soapy side story drama. With the short attention span of our TV base, that might just be the trick these days. They keep saying it is so hard to get people into shows like this these days. Maybe making a shorter season (7-12 episodes) with no hiatis in between the weekly episodes is the answer. They also need to get the repeats up on cable somewhere (in HD) like a month after the season ends for the people that missed it on the network. Then repeat on cable before a new season starts the next year on the network.

I have seen Jericho on Universal HD, but I don't think they were aring it for a very long time after season one ended. They need to air it soon after and grab all the fans they may have missed on the network.

You guys are right, they probably won't continue the show in the form of a spinoff or even the same show on a different network. We can only dream. I still think the "Cheyenne" show on cable with a smaller cast, including Hawkins and Jake, would be the way to go. But the nice thing is they left it open or shut. We didn't get screwed out of a show like we do so often.

Call me full of poor taste but I actually enjoyed that "Invasion" show a few years back. I'm pretty sure that one was on ABC but I could be wrong. I DVR'd all the episodes and then finally sat down and watched them, catching up with 8 or more shows. I was kind of excited about it, thinking it was a good show. Then they cancelled it without a real ending. It just went away. My time is valuable and I get pissed when I am cheated out of a show I have invested time into. I am glad to see they ended Jericho properly.

Now what!? I sure looked forward to my weekly viewing of Jericho. I hate it whenever you really get into a series and they just end up cancelling it! I thought Jericho rocked! One of the best drama/action series! Oh well back to crap programming I guess.

I really enjoyed the final 7 episodes. My biggest complaint is the last two shows were too condensed. This season would have played out better in maybe 10 episodes. Oh well. Also, it takes just a little more than a "leap of faith" to believe J&R (aka any Defense Contractor) to launch a strike against the US. Government The Defense Industry is loaded with very loyal and very patriotic former military. Likewise, I can't image what Army would disregard the Constitution and pledge their allegiance to the ASA.

Anyway, the final number for Jericho weren't impressive...but I enjoyed it. Of course, I also liked Invasion. Anyway, time for the networks to clean house and get rid of the horrible reality shows along with a stack of stinkers: Big Brother, Amazing Race, Survivor, American Idol, Hell's Kitchen, Lost, Dancing with the Stars, Here Come the Newlyweds, The Mole, NBC.;)

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/27/arts/27arts-MOURNERSABSE_BRF.html?ref=arts

CBS’s sci-fi show “Jericho” limped across the finish line on Tuesday, attracting just under six million viewers for its series finale, Nielsen reported. “Jericho,” first canceled last spring but revived over the summer after an outcry from devoted fans, only to be canceled once again, finished third in its 10 p.m. slot, behind ABC’s “Primetime” (10.4 million) and a repeat of NBC’s “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” (8.5 million).
Invasion Yes i miss it also! I really watch Lost still.

I'm gonna miss Journeyman. That one had tons of fun twists.

Then again, I'm a sucker for anything about Time Travel....

Of course, you can't go back into the past. If there was, you'd be besieged by tourists from the future.... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)