CBS' Jericho: A Familiar Story

Really what is he with all the stuff he has?

I believe he's with the groups who PLANNED the bombings, not the FBI. Yes he has a lot of stuff... far more than I'd expect an FBI agent to have. He KNEW the bombs were coming and had the equipment ready for when they did. That level of preparedness alone proves he's not a government official. ;)

I believe he's with the groups who PLANNED the bombings, not the FBI. Yes he has a lot of stuff... far more than I'd expect an FBI agent to have. He KNEW the bombs were coming and had the equipment ready for when they did. That level of preparedness alone proves he's not a government official. ;)

I doubt anybody really knows for sure (other than the writers, and they probably don't either!) but its a good theory.

LMAO!! Ok Agreed!:D

Not bad tonight. I would say that Hawkins knows how to handle a sniper rifle! Looks like another show that is going on hiatus though, they said one more episode till the "Fall Finale" This is turning into a disturbing trend with broadcasters.

Mike

Not bad tonight. I would say that Hawkins knows how to handle a sniper rifle! Looks like another show that is going on hiatus though, they said one more episode till the "Fall Finale" This is turning into a disturbing trend with broadcasters.

Mike

Yup, 10 week hiatus. Risky for sure, but more and more common. Interesting to see if they have a mid-season replacement for part of it.

I am watching it now; yes, much beter episode.

Let's see...Emily discovers she still has feeling for Jake; brother Eric tells his wife that he is love with the barmaid with big boobs; unknown to Eric, his wife is pregnant and only her and mother in-law (Eric's mother) know this tidbit; mother tells Eric that his wife (their daughter) is welcome to live with them as long as she wishes; meanwhile...back at the ranch (literally), Brad is living with the IRS wench who assesed him a 170k tax penalty...and a twisted romance is budding.

Hmmm. Are you sure this isn't "As the World Turns"?:rolleyes:

Let's see...Emily discovers she still has feeling for Jake; brother Eric tells his wife that he is love with the barmaid with big boobs; unknown to Eric, his wife is pregnant and only her and mother in-law (Eric's mother) know this tidbit; mother tells Eric that his wife (their daughter) is welcome to live with them as long as she wishes; meanwhile...back at the ranch (literally), Brad is living with the IRS wench who assesed him a 170k tax penalty...and a twisted romance is budding.

Hmmm. Are you sure this isn't "As the World Turns"?:rolleyes:

Since the world has gone nuts, why not live with the IRS wench. :D

But all good points, for sure. But all secondary to the stand-off with the so-called good guys.

too much side (soap opera) story... The whole premise of the show is just flawed.
I disagree with the premise being entirely flawed...I feel it is actually a pretty good idea, but it is poorly executed. The day-to-day drama and soap operetta unfolding in Jerico is getting in the way of a potentially much better story. The storyline should focus on Jerico's trials and tribulations in supporting the "New World Order" and not...well, and not an entire show or two dedicated to Jake's daddy needing medicine.

BTW, why would the mercenaries raid Jerico when then knew Jake and his brother had to drive 60+ miles in order to pick up medicine? There surely can't be much of anything left of value in Jerico. Plus, there must have been 30 townsman with rifles and shotguns on that bridge...they surely could have take out the half dozen or so Ravencroft mercenaries. Also, I can't believe they didn't hit one townsman when they unloaded on them on the bridge...not one. Additionally, the scumbag Ravencroft leader wouldn't have been quite so brave when your sighted-in by a sniper.

The townsman should have unloaded on the scumbags...they clearly held the upper hand having cover, concealment, numbers, and the aid of well-positioned sniper.

And this is why it is flawed in my opinion... The poor execution of the story line is well beyond laughable. There has been no incident of radiation poison except in the first few episodes and the guy has been working as normal as anyone else.

Look at the different story lines in the show besides the NUKE:

1- Relationship between Jake and his father.
2- Relationship between Jake's brother and his wife.
3- The IRS auditor (one of the worst story lines).
4- Teenagers being teenagers
5- The Crooks that live outside Jericho and Jake
6- Jake's Father and his last competitor for Major
7- The Medicine Plot

What is compelling about those 7 stories... They have nothing to do with two stories that make the show intriguing:

1- Nukes
2- Hawkins

That's it. There's nothing more in this show. This is why I skip everything except Nukes and Hawkins. The writing is just very poor and therefore I think very flawed.

I concur with what Sean said. The show has been very poorly executed.

Another point -- all other towns appear to be completely lawless, EXCEPT for nice idyllic Jericho.

There has been no incident of radiation poison except in the first few episodes and the guy has been working as normal as anyone else.

As I mentioned earlier, the idea that everyone would have radiation poisoning isn't realistic. A nuke in Denver would barely register on a town over 100 miles away somewhere in Kansas, and its well outside the major fallout zone.

In fact, assuming everyone in the cities that were hit are dead is unrealistic too. There were Hiroshima and Nagasaki survivors who were about 1 mile way from the blast and survived to old age.

Last edited:
There has been no incident of radiation poison except in the first few episodes and the guy has been working as normal as anyone else.

As I mentioned earlier, the idea that everyone would have radiation poisoning isn't realistic. A nuke in Denver would barely register on a town over 100 miles away somewhere in Kansas, and its well outside the major fallout zone.

In fact, assuming everyone in the cities that were hit are dead is unrealistic too. There were Hiroshima and Nagasaki survivors who were about 1 mile way from the blast and survived to old age.

I understand what you are saying, but there were nukes all over the country, and I have a hard time believing that the radiation would not travel. They should at least be taking more precautions.

And the wind blows pretty darn strong on the front-range.

This show has become unwatchable. It's not even amusing anymore.

At first I was interested.

Then it became fun to watch because it was soooo bad. (picking it apart while watching became the fun).

Then in the last couple of episodes I started to FF through the soap opera parts.

Now, I just watched the first 15 minutes of the last episode about the bridge. I just can't take it. It's too badly done to continue to waste my time.

The BIG threat to the town appears to be 4 guys with automatic weapons in two Humvee's

They could have killed them all in the first encounter and been done with it.

Show deleted with the remainder unwatched. Timer deleted from DVR.

I'm so torn on this show after watching tonight. I want to like it, the concept (though scary as hell) is very interesting. I just wish they would drop the "Soap Opera" parts of it. Next weeks "Fall Finale" looks like it could be interesting though.

Mike

I just saw this week's episode; finally catching up with the DVR.

It continues to be half annoying soap-opera/ half interesting stuff. The interesting stuff was good today, the soap-opera was even worse. Oh well. Glad its going on hiatus.

It's too bad because this show started out pretty damn good.. But, each episode since gets cheesy and stupid.. Hahaha.. I don't mind a little soap opera effect but only show a minute or so at a time because this helps understand the characters..

I do really like the cast.. Maybe the writing will be better when it comes back on..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts