CBS/NBC NY feed no sound on HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have reported this to Dish Network (and call back every other day). They said it is not a known issue. My NY locals are NYC CBS and NBC. When I get a show that has no sound, it is for the entire show and vice-versa. If a 5.1 commercial comes on during a 2 chan show, it will not have sound and if a 2 chan commercial comes on during a5.1 show, it will have sound. Also when I switch to a non HD channel (even CBS or NBS) the sound is fine and my AV receiver switches to Dolby Pro Logic, so I know my receiver is doing what it should.

What happens if you just leave the AVR in the 7.1 configuration?

My 5.1 and 7.1 are the same setting. I do get sound in 7 channel Stereo mode which is not the same as Dolby Digital 5.1 or 7.1. When I do this, the majority of the sound is from the rear speakers and very annoying.

How long have you had the AVR? Was it working correctly at one time? My Onkyo came with a special device that automatically balanced the speakers. Sounds like you might need to balace your speakers. Increase the Front/middle and decrease the back. Just a shot in the dark.

How long have you had the AVR? Was it working correctly at one time? My Onkyo came with a special device that automatically balanced the speakers. Sounds like you might need to balance your speakers. Increase the Front/middle and decrease the back. Just a shot in the dark.

I have had this over 3 years and did balance the speakers, and had the HD setup for probably 2 years and up until 3 weeks ago everything worked fine. There is NO audio on any speaker when this problem happens (except for a low hum) and it is tied to the broadcast, not just a random drop. It doesn't seem possible that the problem is on my end, but it also doesn't seem possible that no one else has this problem or that everyone else just ignores it. Of course I have been at a movie theater where they had the wrong lens on the projector and everyone in the movie was 10 feet tall and weighed 100 lbs and I was the only person to get up and complain. Also happened when the only speaker that was on was the one behind the screen, no one except me seemed to care. I guess I am just too picky.

Yes to the above, and also, have you tried a different HDMI cable, just for grins?

I have switched inputs to the AVR, but have not tried switching out the cable itself. I will try that when I get home.

Definitely check that. Doesn't seem like a known channel issue. Would be nice if anyone else was able to input if they experience it with E*'s system. If the cable replacement doesn't work, we will see about reporting it to at least make sure they're aware of the problem.

Can you also receive those channels OTA? If so, is there the same problem?
I have a 211 here in my computer room hooked up to a small hdtv next tot he computer. Last year, I thought the TV was going. I was getting static popping, the pictire would split with the top showing at the bottom. I was preparing the wife that I might need a new tv. As a last resort I changed the hdmi cable and it's been fine since.

One more thing. Check to be sure you audio output is set to Dolby Digital/PCM.

Tried a new HDMI cable, no change. I can not receive the stations OTA (too far), but I did request in an earlier post if anyone can try OTA and let me know. Hopefully someone can try it.

One more thing. Check to be sure you audio output is set to Dolby Digital/PCM.

Tried all combinations of dolby digital/pcm, dolby digital only, pcm only, along with line mode and rf mode. no changes.

Now there is where we differ. On both my 722 and 211 I'm set at RF and that's the way they came from Dish. I've only had my replacement 722 less than a month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)