CBS Newspath Galaxy 16

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmlauffer

Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Hi. I am trying to get the CBS Newspath feeds on Galaxy 16.

CBS NEWSPATH VIDEO FEED ON GALAXY 16/4A
Downlink Frequency: 11771.375
Polarity: Vertical
Data Rate: 19796000
Symbol Rate: 14.32051
FEC: 3/4

When I place this info into my Viewsat Ultra, i get 0q on signal. I have 50q on the IdeaCast stuff, so I know I am on Galaxy 16. Please help!

Thanks!

Well, getting the IdeaCast lock is a good start, and indeed this means you are on G16. Do you see them at 12188 Vertical? If not, you might have an LO adjustment to make on the receiver in order for manual entries to work.

Other than that, I'll note that you copied the data from the cbsnewspath.com site. It includes extraneous information (data rate) and presents other information (symbol rate) in a format not compatible with the Ultra. Specifically, you must enter symbol rate as 14320 in this case.

Do either of these possibilities make sense?

USDownlink, I get IdeaCast on 12189V 11765SR 5/6. And yes, those possibilities make sense.

voomvoom, neither of those got any Q on my reciever.

Thanks for the help so far.

I'll try it again, Galaxy 16, right?

On the 11770, isn't there supposed to be continuous feeds for the CBS affiliates?

Guess my dish won't get it.

I have a fortec star 80cm.

I also get Agahapy.

Last edited:
I have an urge just to bump this and add a thought.. Maybe it'll strike someone in that special sort of way.

Some weeks back, I had a vaguely similar problem (Post #11 is sufficient for those short on time):

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/144113-what-bird-am-i-looking.html

I never figured it out; the situation remains (even after taking down the large tree branches I thought might have been in the way). The T90 will pull in certain things on 74, with a surprisingly strong signal reading, in light of the fact that the Andrews will pull in everything, with a similar strength reading on the few feeds the T90 gets.

Your last response
Guess my dish won't get it.
bothers me on an intellectual level. Your dish should get it. Just like my T90 should get ONN. But for some reason, it doesn't.

Towards your cause, I nudged my 80cm Fortec over to 99W, and indeed picked up 11770 with a good signal. So I know your dish can get it.

No dramatic new information here, just an echo of frustration over those things we can't explain adequately. Maybe the best we can take from it at the moment is - don't give up. There is a reason waiting to be discovered. And it will help people when we find it! :)

Best of luck to you.

Getting it on my ultra at 11771 14320SR vertical
71signal, 66q on my 1m primestar.
Maybe its a polarity thing.

Jmlauffer
have you tried to peak the signal on the transponder you do receive on G16
maybe try adjusting the lnb foward toward the dish or away from the dish .
just sounds like the CBS Newspath feed isn't strong enough on your system.

then if you gain any signal strength on the IdeaCast transponder maybe enough to get the
newspath feed

jm, using the standard ol LO of 10750 for mine. Sounds like you need a little tweaking/peaking to get more signal in.

I never figured it out; the situation remains (even after taking down the large tree branches I thought might have been in the way). The T90 will pull in certain things on 74, with a surprisingly strong signal reading, in light of the fact that the Andrews will pull in everything, with a similar strength reading on the few feeds the T90 gets.

On my T90, as bizarre as this is, I couldn't get PBS for the longest time. And you know what I figured it to be? A screw on the secondary reflector.

Yes, weird. But I stuck a laser where the AMC3 LNB is, and aimed it at the dish and it hit head on the screw. I adjusted the dish by rotating it the width of the screw, raised the elevation about as much, and slid the LNB over and voila! PBS at 65Q. And it's not as if I couldn't get anything off AMC3 before I did it either.

Maybe if the screws were flat instead of round headed it would have been fine?

G16 ---- my tin dish seems to be extremely sensitive to skew on that one. I would be sure the dish is aimed as best possible for the other vertical TP then put in the numbers for newspath and slightly turn the skew on the LNBF and see if that helps. It may not but -- I first saw the same problem on G18 with PBS - put a P*75E up for PBS now though and not a problem.
POP

Thanks to all that helped. I have adjusted my dish all over the 99 degree range, and nothing happens. So, I have given up. I'm sticking with my occasional Galaxy 17 feeds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts