CBS Newspath Live Channels Leaving Satellite

Interesting to watch the Vz coup feeds via micro cell phone feed going to satellite gateway. Guess what happen? The video feeds looks like crap!:eeek

That's why they should stick to high quality news rf bands not cell phone via IP or satellite gateway.:rolleyes:

CBS Newspath's LiveU Matrix for live feeds is now active. They're still doing backup satellite feeds for some things, but I don't know for how much longer. LiveU released an image of what stations see when using the new service. It allows for many more live feeds than would be possible within the legacy satellite bandwidth CBS leases.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 157
CBS Newspath's LiveU Matrix for live feeds is now active. They're still doing backup satellite feeds for some things, but I don't know for how much longer. LiveU released an image of what stations see when using the new service. It allows for many more live feeds than would be possible within the legacy satellite bandwidth CBS leases.

Is this something we can access?

Makes me glad I bought a Winegard 76cm dish to go along with the 1 meter dish I had planned to use for FTA. I used them both for a dual dish system for Dish Network’s Eastern arc. I get better signal with a dual dish setup.

Sad to hear the news.

IP uses a VPN tunnel...its not like the old days where they would have to define a path through various private networks ( used to work on those for years)...its no different than streaming video with a VPN at home...the end user goes to a website and streams...the traffic is secure in the VPN...
While there is an abundance of fiber and many options for domestic and international signal routing, these are controlled by privately held corporations. It is often not in their best interest to provide alternative routing to support a competitor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)