CBS stations return to DISH

No doubt that it should be, but will it?

If they do drop the guide data, it will be like talking to a brick wall to get them to fix it. The response will be a blind "CBS pulled their stations".

Non CBS O&O's did not lose guides during the TWC spat. I so no reason why Dish would.

Oh, and I think this is an opportunity to remind some that only the O&O stations are involved, not third party owned. Based on some posts, I think several have missed that distinction despite thread title.

Last edited:
I'd setup OTA but the issue with where I'm at is you have to have a really high antenna setup and I mean HIGH to be able to pick up most OTA stations that are available. Me along with basically anyone in my area are located in a bowl so you are lucky if you get maybe 3 stations if you have it say 10feet up over top of a two story home.

Again we are talking about only 16 of 216 CBS stations that are owned by CBS. Most of these are in major metropolitan areas. Most of the Dish customers in those areas could pick up these stations with an indoor antenna connected to their Dish receiver or TV. The other 200 affiliated CBS stations will not be affected.

Reactions: ChadT41
Again we are talking about only 16 of 216 CBS stations that are owned by CBS. Most of these are in major metropolitan areas. Most of the Dish customers in those areas could pick up these stations with an indoor antenna connected to their Dish receiver or TV. The other 200 affiliated CBS stations will not be affected.
So being I live out of the OTA area I get screwed again by Dish? Thanks for you consideration...!

Just to clarify. You pay for the satellite service. There is no channels guaranteed so technically you do not pay for any specific channel. That said, you will get exactly what you pay for.

Just to clarify. You pay for the satellite service. There is no channels guaranteed so technically you do not pay for any specific channel. That said, you will get exactly what you pay for.
You pay for a service ..at some point dish will no longer be a viable service..too unreliable

I disagree with your opinion, but both mine and your opinions are just that. I was just pointing out the fact to correct the statement about "getting what you pay for", and in all technicalities, even with the negotiations, you are still getting what you pay for, as you still receive the satellite service.

I disagree with your opinion, but both mine and your opinions are just that. I was just pointing out the fact to correct the statement about "getting what you pay for", and in all technicalities, even with the negotiations, you are still getting what you pay for, as you still receive the satellite service.
If there is nothing left to receive what can you get? No offense, but why are you so quick to defend anything that Dish says or does? I thought I remember reading where they canned you from their tele-service centre, if that's the case I would think you would be the last one to praise them. Seems like anytime anyone is trying to say anything that is the least bit anti-Dish your the first one to come out in defense of anything they do. Just an observation.

So being I live out of the OTA area I get screwed again by Dish? Thanks for you consideration...!
Again another ignorant remark. It's CBS screwing you if you get a CBS owned local. They want more money than Dish is willing to pay. So Dish is legaly bound to not retransmit the signal.
So what is your CBNS local and have you checked if it's one of the 16 owned by CBS?

Hooper connect to Internet

Letting 2nd hopper record shows.....I didn't know!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)