CBS stations return to DISH

so far, channels haven't been remove yet, i am watching KTVT to see the channel as it goes from KTVT to dispute stale. let's see if they mean 7 PM CT, 7 PM MT or 7 PM PT. so now we are past the earliest time for the channels to be removed and 10 PM ET, 9 PM CT, 8 PM MT, 7 PM PT will be the latest it could possibly go as in the Pacific time zone will be last to reach 7 PM by 10 PM ET.

so far, channels haven't been remove yet, i am watching KTVT to see the channel as it goes from KTVT to dispute stale. let's see if they mean 7 PM CT, 7 PM MT or 7 PM PT. so now we are past the earliest time for the channels to be removed and 10 PM ET, 9 PM CT, 8 PM MT, 7 PM PT will be the latest it could possibly go as in the Pacific time zone will be last to reach 7 PM by 10 PM ET.

"We would very much like to avoid going dark," CBS said in a statement. "Unless agreements are reached, however, our viewers should be prepared to lose CBS from their Dish systems on Thursday evening at 7:00 PM/ET." http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/12/02/cbs-dish-contract-talks/19794967/

As of 4:25 p.m., pacific standard time, both CBS owned and operated stations in Los Angeles, California - KCBS and KCAL remain on the air. I was hoping that CBS would pull the stations during KCAL's 4:00 p.m. news right as the live shots are taking place for the annual CHP Toy Drive at the CBS Broadcast Center in Sudio City and live remote shots in Cypress and Thousand Oaks, California. Right as KCAL Orange County reporter Michele Gile was filling-up the toy bus, the, I was expecting KCAL and KCBS to go dark. So far, it hasn't happened. Maybe Les Moonves boss, Sumner Redstone told him not to pull the plug? Remember, Sumner Redstone owns majority control of both CBS and Viacom.

As I finish, long-time KCAL anchor (and now mainly on at KCBS) Pat Harvey is doing another "plea" for more toys to meet their goal for the CHP Toy Drive.

What bad press KCBS and KCAL would get that the stations went "dark" during the annual toy drive during the daypart and prime time newscasts! Oh I forget, as compared to the other cable companies, AT&T U-verse, Verizon Fios and DirecTV, Dish Network does not have as many subscribers (estimated at 500,000 in the Los Angeles area) as compared to the other companies, and I did not include those who only receive KCBS and KCAL over the air.

Just now, the ladies from Entertainment Tonight and The Insider just came over to the CBS Broadcast Center and made their donations to the great big toy bucket, live on KCAL's air.

Quick! Let's end this. Someone find the room these people are in, lock the door and put a guard there. Nobody leaves until a deal is reached. No food, no water, no toidy.

Reactions: bluegras
They are close if they are going into the evening.... I'll say it again, Charlie doesn't want CBS to go dark, this isn't CNN. (Which by the way CNN, HLN and MSNBC combined had fewer viewers than FOX for prime news time this week.... That isn't going to help Turner in their negotiations...)

CBS has issued a one-line statement saying its programming remains on Dish Network for now as negotiations continue into the evening past a 4 pm PT deadline that CBS had imposed.
On the cable side, CBS could pull the CBS Sports Network and Showtime, though it has been unclear whether Showtime would get pulled if a deal can’t be reached. Dish has about 14 million subscribers.

deadline.com

2-minute warning for CBS and Dish Network fee battle
Dec 4 2014, 17:23 ET | About: CBS Corporation (CBS) | By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

CBS (NYSE:CBS) and Dish Network (NASDAQ:DISH) are only hours away from passing a deadline which will see CBS go dark in 29 Dish markets.
The strong programming from CBS and its coverage of NFL football games makes this Dish carriage fee battle a little bit more high stakes than most.

http://seekingalpha.com/news/2161985-2-minute-warning-for-cbs-and-dish-network-fee-battle#email_link

KTVT showed the "you could lose CBS 11 tonight" crawl on the bottom of the screen a few minutes ago as they air the Cowboys/Bears NFL Thursday Night Football game, which KTVT has the local TV rights that simulcast NFL Network's live national coverage of the game.

also who's carrying this game locally in the Chicago market. is it the local CBS station too or is it another station.

http://www.dishisonyourside.com

"CBS content continues to be available on DISH and we are hopeful to have this resolved soon. We appreciate your patience during this time and understand the messaging and activity around these negotiations is frustrating. Please know we are working hard to finalize a fair and reasonable agreement with CBS Corporation."

"We understand your frustration, and we want to let you know we are not the only TV provider to experience this kind of situation. All satellite and cable companies face disputes with channel owners. Switching your TV provider is not the answer. Switching only encourages channel owners to raise rate demands and drives up the costs for everyone."

That is different than what it was before. Said updated at 5:54pm.

You know, reading a lot of these posts and seeing what is on your local affiliates makes me wonder . . . . WHY do we care if they go dark??? (Yeah, I know - AFC games, Big Bang Theory, and The Affair). Sure sounds like a lot of crap, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Elkview
You know, reading a lot of these posts and seeing what is on your local affiliates makes me wonder . . . . WHY do we care if they go dark??? (Yeah, I know - AFC games, Big Bang Theory, and The Affair). Sure sounds like a lot of crap, though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, honestly, just the patriots. :) I love elementary and scorpions, etc, but my life will go on without them. Patriots football? No, I'll be driving to LA to beat up some execs. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts