CBS stations return to DISH

Yeah, honestly, just the patriots. :) I love elementary and scorpions, etc, but my life will go on without them. Patriots football? No, I'll be driving to LA to beat up some execs. :)
It's a lot closer, and cheaper, to go down to the corner pub for a look and a drink....

god i hope this is over soon so i can go to bed i just bought roku 2 the other day loving it very much learning all about it.

Reactions: EricfromTx
we are now past midnight ET, and the CBS owned channels are still on Dish, now lets see if they go off between now and 2 AM CT (midnight PT) or not, if not, that means a long term or short term deal was reached.

edit: as on 12:09 AM CT, the CBS channels are still on Dish. so we are past Midnight CT, so now we see if they go away between now to 2:30 AM

Last edited:
well we are now way past Midnight PT which means the channels were safe for another day, i guess we will find out if Dish has reached an long term agreement, set a new short term agreement to delay the blackout tomorrow, well actually later today as it's past midnight in all four major time zones of the US.

that means Dish kicked out at 2 and a half again and the Dish/CBS dispute grudge match inside a steel cage isn't over just yet.

see another wrestling reference to describe all the drama that happened between 6 PM CT Thursday night to right now.

Dish Network and CBS signed another short extension before the deadline. Again no word on how long the extension is but I don't think either side is bugging in this dispute.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/cbs-serves-ultimatum-dish/

Sounds like an extension was granted till Sunday - "Negotiations have been ongoing for weeks – months when you consider other metropolitan markets. In LA, there have already been two deadline extensions, reports the LA Times. And now it appears CBS is drawing its big guns, saying enough is enough and it will not grant any more extensions – come to an agreement, or following that signature ticking of the 60 Minutes clock, they’ll go dark."

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/cbs-serves-ultimatum-dish/

Sounds like an extension was granted till Sunday - "Negotiations have been ongoing for weeks – months when you consider other metropolitan markets. In LA, there have already been two deadline extensions, reports the LA Times. And now it appears CBS is drawing its big guns, saying enough is enough and it will not grant any more extensions – come to an agreement, or following that signature ticking of the 60 Minutes clock, they’ll go dark."

My feeling is that Charlie probably doesn't take ultimatums very well. And if it's over something DISH feels it just can't agree to I think CBS goes dark. That said I also think DISH realizes CBS even in limited markets isn't something they want to go dark.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts