CBS stations return to DISH

I get a kick out of all the people who post "it's just television, get over it" on a forum whose sole purpose is to discuss the products and services used for watching television.

Good point. Discussing TV is one thing but actually stressing out over it is a little different. There are plenty of people here that just like to talk about it because it's a hobby. Others treat it like it's a lifeline and they will die if it goes away.

Sorry for not weeding threw the myriad of post but has this thing been resolved? I thought the deadline was yesterday, I'm watching Charlie Rose and Company on CBS.

Is it just me or does CBS sound like that dumb parent who keeps letting their kid get away with doing something bad. "Either you agree to our terms or we're going to pull the channels...OK we'll give you an extension. But when that's up, so help you if you don't agree...OK, here's another extension..." S*** or get off the pot already!!!

Is it just me or does CBS sound like that dumb parent who keeps letting their kid get away with doing something bad. "Either you agree to our terms or we're going to pull the channels...OK we'll give you an extension. But when that's up, so help you if you don't agree...OK, here's another extension..." S*** or get off the pot already!!!

Just shows me that CBS is afraid of the money they will lose when they remove their channels. Maybe Dish just keeps calling their bluff?

Reactions: Elkview
I think these extensions show two things:
1) Neither party has a high desire to see these channels go off the air.
2) Negotiations are going well enough that neither party feels the need to remove/pull channels to use as leverage. (Up until now.)

Just shows me that CBS is afraid of the money they will lose when they remove their channels. Maybe Dish just keeps calling their bluff?
Hahaha. Charlie afraid of customers deserting.. No NFL... Everything else is window dressing on CBS

CBS doesn't need to see 13% of its' eyeballs disappear, and Charlie realizes even the senior citizens who never change their programming would ditch them in a heartbeat if you took the most watched channel on the guide go dark. This isn't CNN, where maybe 500,000 viewers would be impacted. You are talking millions.

If ABC, NBC, or Fox tried this tactic, I would shrug as I have Hulu Plus on my XBox and could watch any of the blacked out shows there. CBS is problematic as I have no other outlet (via my main tv) as there is no CBS app on my XBox360 or XBox1 at this time....

"We understand your frustration, and we want to let you know we are not the only TV provider to experience this kind of situation. All satellite and cable companies face disputes with channel owners. Switching your TV provider is not the answer. Switching only encourages channel owners to raise rate demands and drives up the costs for everyone."

Nonsense.

Hahaha. Charlie afraid of customers deserting.. No NFL... Everything else is window dressing on CBS

I think history has shown that Dish isn't afraid at all. If they were, then they wouldn't have any disputes because they would pay whatever was demanded.

Possible... another possibility is Dish compromises some on the price, just enough that CBS think they're getting somewhere and okays the extension.

Of course they will. That's never in doubt. But why do they have to saber-rattle and annoy their subscribers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)