CBS stations return to DISH

Really? Do you actually care all that much? I know I don't.

It is a convenience but hardly something that will impact many enough to care imo.
Yes I do. You get use to something really convenient then it becomes an irritation to go back. It is one of the reasons I have hoppers. A day or so would be a pain but ok,7 days is absurd and indicates that it could be the beginning of the end for it.

Reactions: Hall
Looking at the DISH statement prior to the channels coming back it doesn't seem money was the issue at the end. We'll probably never know but likely CBS did not go from 59 cents to $2 per subscriber for the CBS channel. But money can be made up in other ways, thus the inclusion of Smithsonian and the cost of digital rights.
Negotiations being held up over CBSSN is the mystery to me. Maybe to carried in more packages?

It also appears DISH did what they are trying do with Turner, all their products in one contract.

Reactions: TheKrell
Yes I do. You get use to something really convenient then it becomes an irritation to go back. It is one of the reasons I have hoppers. A day or so would be a pain but ok,7 days is absurd and indicates that it could be the beginning of the end for it.
Since I watch as much non-broadcast as broadcast I find myself often hitting the skip even on auto-hot enabled stuff. The 7 days is to get their ratings correct for ad dollars, I can very well understand why the broadcasters would want that. And I don't see it as the beginning of then end, or at least not any time soon. But it is a very nice item to have in the negotiations.

Looking at the DISH statement prior to the channels coming back it doesn't seem money was the issue at the end. We'll probably never know but likely CBS did not go from 59 cents to $2 per subscriber for the CBS channel. But money can be made up in other ways, thus the inclusion of Smithsonian and the cost of digital rights.
Negotiations being held up over CBSSN is the mystery to me. Maybe to carried in more packages?

It also appears DISH did what they are trying do with Turner, all their products in one contract.

I was wondering the same, wondering if they wanted CBS sports in 120 like espn?

Reactions: Tampa8
What some may not understand, DISH negotiated that time period of no skipping with ABC and CBS to get something else, meanwhile DISH really gave up nothing. They created the feature that no other receiver they have has, and only a small percentage of their subscribers have. There is no guarantee that feature would be allowed in a Court case.

I also see the agreement includes the new DISH online channels, but don't what channels would be included. If online is going to be a part of the future of TV that is important.

I understand that,I just don't like being used as a pawn. Let's be honest, at this point it does seem that was the actual purpose of the feature. Well played to be sure, just stinks is all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts