Celtics not in HD? (CSNNE channel 435)

minkbarn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
I just checked my guide and none of the listed Boston Celtics games are available in hd for some reason.

I called Dish, but the people I talked to didn't seem to be well informed.

The games are carried on Comcast New England channel 435 sd and always before, on hd. Just last week there was a preseason game on 435 hd.

Does anyone know what's going on with this?

I don't know, but I am just going to watch the World Series. If they don't want to run the games in HD I'm not going to watch...

I have this issue as well...

I called there customer service and the woman i spoke to was under the impression that we should have access to the HD broadcast, and if the next one is not in HD i should call back..

The thing is when i go through the program guide i am not seeing a single Celts game being broadcast in HS on 435...

The crazy part is that the HD 435 is active, there is a college game on 10/30 that will be in HD... but no Celtic love.

This is why content producers and content providers should not be the same company.

The guide on dish's site actually says all content on 435 should also be in HD
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/NC9uDBKyQ3eUyWdmf7gzdA?feat=directlink

We need to demand this channel, be given the option of breaking our contract... and if they don't we should start a class action suit..

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with Dish again. The rep told me they don't currently have the rights to these games in HD. (I did not get the sense she really knew what she was talking about.)

She said she'd put in a "request" for these games, but I bet a lot more people need to complain before anything is done.

I looked at the guide- all the games coming up in the guide are also only being shown by Dish in SD. This is true of both home and away games.

I know the games are shown by many other providers in HD, and every game last spring after I got my HDTV was shown by Dish in HD.

This is a big step backwards. I am an unhappy customer.

Last edited:
The home games are in HD away games for whatever reason are in SD...and it is a DISH thing as ALL celtic games are shown in HD...but this is how it was last year too...its a joke if you ask me.

So i spoke to a rep again and this one was 100% sure that this has nothing to do with the FOX situation.
The woman i spoke to had no clue why this was not in HD and tried to tell me that they may not be broadcast in HD...
I corrected her and explained that all games were in fact broadcast in HD last year and people on comcast/DirecTV can watch the game in HD.

So at that point i told her i wanted to cancel, she told me i would still need to pay the cancellation fee...

I explained i would be organizing a class action suit over this and wished to speak to her manager.
The manager repeated over and over again "We can only broadcast what is provided to us, we have no control over it" and eventually told me i need to speak to Comcast...

I asked him over and over again if he was they were in negations or if it would become available, he said he could not comment on anything like that and they were "always in negotiations"

I found this as well
Dish awaits RSN arbitration ruling

If HD for the Celts is not restored I think i will in fact organize a class action suit..
I work in IT and think i can handle setting up a website, shoot a youtube video explaining the situation and set up a paypal site for donations.

If people are in to this idea let me know.

E* does not set aside enough bandwidth to broadcast all RSN's in HD 24/7. They never have, so this is nothing new. If you want your RSN's in HD 24/7, your only options are and always have been D* and your local cable provider. You can sue them all you want, but Charlie is under no obligation to provide you with anything in HD, especially since he no longer "charges extra" for it. You would be fighting a losing battle.

E* does not set aside enough bandwidth to broadcast all RSN's in HD 24/7. They never have, so this is nothing new. If you want your RSN's in HD 24/7, your only options are and always have been D* and your local cable provider. You can sue them all you want, but Charlie is under no obligation to provide you with anything in HD, especially since he no longer "charges extra" for it. You would be fighting a losing battle.

When I signed up i asked specifically if this would be available.. They said yes. The screen shot above is from today, from there website..

If they are showing it as available how is that not false advertisement?

The RSN listings are always duplicated between the SD and HD channels because they are, in fact, the same channel. It says it is broadcast on CSNNEHD, but nowhere does it say it is in HD. As someone who has been with D* for a long time, you don't get all of your games in HD (most of the time it is just the home games), especially when they are splitting HD bandwidth between the NBA and NHL. And get ready when MLB rolls back into the mix before those seasons are over! You'll be lucky to get 2 games a week on the HD channels!

I was w/Dish for a few years. I wasted alot of time on the phone w/CSRs trying to get answer on the same ?. They don't know, the mgrs don't know why the games are not in HD. Generally the home games(game only) is HD-same w/Bruins games. Dish has never been consistent in HD sports-some games on-some games off. You don't know from game to game what you will get. Finally, I got fed up and went w/Directv and both channels are fulltime HD 24/7. I'm very happy now. Paul

So I read my tos for the 1st time....
There will be no class action.

They reserve the right to change any of the programming when ever they see fit.. WTF

Oh well, RedZone is awesome... That is something to look forward too :)

Dish would make situations like this easier if they just informed their phone reps what was going on. The way it is now, none of them seem to know anything and they're giving me three different answers.

Right now, it takes an hour talking to two or three different people to get a wrong or incomplete answer. It wastes them money and frustrates their customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts