Center Ice Channel 782 (SD)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

laman400

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Iceberg (or anyone else who might know).
I have 4 R-16 500 receivers. I also am a longtime subscriber to the CI and Sports Pak options with the Premier tv package.
I noticed that I am now getting the CI channels (769-787) displayed in my guide information. For some reason, channel 782 is
"greyed out" in my All Channels list and missing alltogether in my Channels I Get display. All of the other CI channels are displaying fine.
I am able to go directly to channel 782
in both displays, but the record button on my remotes only beeps at me when I try and record that channel since that channel
is greyed out in the guide. The problem is on all 4 of my receivers. Is this problem a DirecTv system problem, or is there
something wrong on all 4 of my R-16 receivers?
I am also a Kings fan residing in Arkansas. I don't see either of the Kings first 2 games (Friday vs Rangers in Sweden and
Saturday vs Buffralo in Berlin listed as part of the CI games available for those 2 Days). Will I be abale to view the Friday
game vs the Rangers on Versus, channel 603 or Sports Pak channel 634 at noon CT and the Saturday game vs Buffalo
on Sports Pak channel 692?
Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

that is normal. Those channels are used part time. The other time its usually used for those knockoff shopping channels. (on Sunday you'd see lots of "programming will return at 5:30 ET" on those channels (the shopping ones)
Dont worry by Thursday it will be fine and will show properly in the guide if you sub to NHL CI

Just got a general email from directv, free preview from October 6-23 almost two week freeview, good deal!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Just got a general email from directv, free preview from October 6-23 almost two week freeview, good deal!

Ya know, I've been thinking about freeviews lately.. How come they're not required to issue a credit to people who are already paying for a service when they do a freeview on a premium channel or package?

Like Center Ice is $170 for 26 weeks, or roughly $6.50 per week. They're giving it to everyone free for 3 weeks (if those dates are right its 3 weeks, not 2), so shouldn't we get the $20 credit for them, since it's free to all?

Not really complaining, just thinking out loud..

JerseyMatt said:
Ya know, I've been thinking about freeviews lately.. How come they're not required to issue a credit to people who are already paying for a service when they do a freeview on a premium channel or package?

Like Center Ice is $170 for 26 weeks, or roughly $6.50 per week. They're giving it to everyone free for 3 weeks (if those dates are right its 3 weeks, not 2), so shouldn't we get the $20 credit for them, since it's free to all?

Not really complaining, just thinking out loud..

You bring up a good point, I was a bit surprised it was that long, don't think I paid much attention to it, but I don't a sports freeview has been that long??

The folks who watch the free preview and sign up on October 23rd pay the same $171 that we do, so there is no financial advantage to anyone who signs up later.

Really the big benefit would be if there was any possibility you might want to cancel. With the free preview you could watch for a few weeks before making up your mind to commit, whereas if you are signed up now you are locked in once the season officially starts.

Iceberg:
Thanks for letting me know your SD channel 782 is also greyed out. It's now Thursday noon, and channel 782
is still greyed out on my R-16 receivers. I am unable to set a timer to record the Saturday night Stars game
because of this greyed out situation. Is there anyone at Direct you can contact to get this resolved? I have
called customer service about it, and the 2 reps I reached didn't have a clue as to what the problem is on
that one SD CI channel. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Iceberg: Thanks for letting me know your SD channel 782 is also greyed out. It's now Thursday noon, and channel 782 is still greyed out on my R-16 receivers. I am unable to set a timer to record the Saturday night Stars game because of this greyed out situation. Is there anyone at Direct you can contact to get this resolved? I have called customer service about it, and the 2 reps I reached didn't have a clue as to what the problem is on that one SD CI channel. Thanks for any help you can provide.
you can still record it just over ride would that work?, or can you record it on the 665 SD

yes you can override the greyed out as lacubs mentions. I've done that before. Just set the timer as need be
Or use 665 which is CSN Chicago. Once the game is done you'll get re-blacked out once the game is done (on the NHL CI channel it will be the DIrectv logo). Advantage of the 665 channel is it only records then for 2 1/2 hours and not 6

I'm a returning DTV subscriber and used to get the CI package. Can anyone tell me if they're still blacking out HD broadcasts on the MSG Network?

I show it in the guide in HD (2 feeds for Fridays game...one for Anaheim, one for Buffalo) on the NHL CI channels

I'm a returning DTV subscriber and used to get the CI package. Can anyone tell me if they're still blacking out HD broadcasts on the MSG Network?

I don't see why they would, there is no pissing match between D* and MSG like there is with Dish. Last season pretty much every game on CI was in HD. The only ones that weren't (as far as I could tell) were games that weren't carried in HD by the RSN. In MSG's case that would be any game that had been scheduled to be on MSG+2, since AFAIK that channel is still not available in HD. But as a Devils fan, when I lived in NJ (Isles fans had the same issue) we were always forced to deal with 20-30 games per season in rotten SD since Cablevision didn't see value in upgrading an overflow channel. Hockey takes a back seat to basketball in the NY market, so the Knicks/Nets always get conflict priority on the two primary channels, and then the Rangers got second bill, then the Devils/Isles took what was left.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts