Central MA new install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bryan_j_t

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 27, 2008
MA
Has anyone in central ma had a new install recently?

I'm curious to see what type of hardware they have been using in the area. I ordered a HD DVR, HD receiver, and will be using a SD DVR that I already have.

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to contact the local installer to request certain hardware? When I set up my account I told them that I would be using the SD DVR I have, but I want to make sure that they bring the right equiptment so I can set it up.

Because it is a lease system you will get whatever receivers are in stock. They may be new or refurbished. with 5 tuners you will need an 8 way multiswitch/SWM splitter. Seeing most old receivers are not SWM compatible you will probably get 8 way multiswitch.

Has anyone in central ma had a new install recently?

I'm curious to see what type of hardware they have been using in the area. I ordered a HD DVR, HD receiver, and will be using a SD DVR that I already have.

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to contact the local installer to request certain hardware? When I set up my account I told them that I would be using the SD DVR I have, but I want to make sure that they bring the right equiptment so I can set it up.

I had an install done in Worcester a week or 2 ago. The installer does call you just before he heads over to your house, but that's about all the contact you will have with them before the install.

The equipment I got were 2 brand new HR-22 HD DVR's. I also ordered 1 SD box, but I'm not sure what the model number is.

The installers seem to carry the bare minimum equipment. He only had the 3 boxes that I had ordered, 1 dish, 1 8 way switch, and a box of coax in his truck. When they found out there was a problem with the dish that he had, he had to drive to where another installer was just to get a replacement part to finish the install.

So if you need some sort of special equipment, it is highly doubtful that they will have it on board.

I had an install done in Worcester a week or 2 ago. The installer does call you just before he heads over to your house, but that's about all the contact you will have with them before the install.

The equipment I got were 2 brand new HR-22 HD DVR's. I also ordered 1 SD box, but I'm not sure what the model number is.

The installers seem to carry the bare minimum equipment. He only had the 3 boxes that I had ordered, 1 dish, 1 8 way switch, and a box of coax in his truck. When they found out there was a problem with the dish that he had, he had to drive to where another installer was just to get a replacement part to finish the install.

So if you need some sort of special equipment, it is highly doubtful that they will have it on board.

Thanks for the reply. That's good news that you got an HR22.. I was hoping to get at least a HR22 or 23 for the 500gh drive

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)