List of new Hd Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Can anyone come up with a list of HD channels that Directv does not carry. Please do not use voom.

monster hd
equator hd
rave hd
kung fu hd
treasure hd
game hd
hd news

:devil:

22 HBO and Cinemax HD channels
Encore HD
Showtime Showcase West HD
Showtime 2 HD West
Showtime Extreme HD West
The Movie Channel HD West
The Movie Channel Xtra HD
The Movie Channel Xtra HD West
Travel Channel HD
Hallmark Movie Channel HD
WGN America HD
Lifetime Movie Network HD
RFD HD
World Fishing Network HD
Wealth TV HD
Outdoor Channel HD
Lifetime HD
AMC HD
IFC HD
ESPNU HD
Fuse HD
Women's Entertainment HD

I didn't list Chiller HD since as far as I know it's not on air yet.

It also seems that D* currently has room for 23 more channels until late 2009 when D* launches another satellite.

Thanks

Thanks for all the input, looks like we are still missing out on alot of channels. On the Voom , I had Voom channel when i was with Dish 3 years ago the PQ was not very good. Now if Directv got it and put out a better PQ it will be worth it.

It also seems that D* currently has room for 23 more channels until late 2009 when D* launches another satellite.

Just curious, how do you know they have room for 23 channels? Why not 22 or 24. Have they announced they have room for 23? Or is that a count of wasted PPV offerings that should be scaled back to about five?

Just curious, how do you know they have room for 23 channels? Why not 22 or 24. Have they announced they have room for 23? Or is that a count of wasted PPV offerings that should be scaled back to about five?

I based this on some great analysis done by Sixto at the other site, who in conjunction with data produced by P Smith that shows what channels are on what transponders, concludes that between a combination of 9 open and 13 potential PPV HD replaceable channels, D* has 22 available channels (it looks like he revised his number down to 22 since I originally saw the 23 number).

This post is a very informative post that summarizes everything.

DBSTalk.Com - View Single Post - DirecTV HD - Current Listing

Basically its all the channels everyone listed so far. I think there is also Jewelry HD now too. Not sure if anyone has picked that up or not. I know that G4 is coming out with an HD channel, but not until December I think. MLB will have a SD and HD channel, but does not launch until Jan 1st.

Since Comedy Central is another Viacom owned channel I'd rather them not add it until they are actually ready to show HD. I don't want another MTV HD, VH1 HD, or CMT HD. At least Viacom owned Spike TV HD and Nick HD actually show HD.

More than just a few. HBO/MAX have available all 26 channels in HD for providers. We get what, Max and Max west in HD? All we get is HBO and HBO west too. We are missing a lot more than a few.

I'm kind of surprised DTV hasn't given us at least SOME of these movie channels by now.

The thing that bugs me more than not getting all the HD channels we're missing is the fact that DTV continues to boast they have the best offering of HD when that is simply not true anymore. Fios has them beat by a long shot and local cable companies (at least in the major metro areas) are pretty much on par with DTV.

I based this on some great analysis done by Sixto at the other site, who in conjunction with data produced by P Smith that shows what channels are on what transponders, concludes that between a combination of 9 open and 13 potential PPV HD replaceable channels, D* has 22 available channels (it looks like he revised his number down to 22 since I originally saw the 23 number).

This post is a very informative post that summarizes everything.

DBSTalk.Com - View Single Post - DirecTV HD - Current Listing

Well, it could be more if they remove some of those PPV HD channels.

Well, it could be more if they remove some of those PPV HD channels.

That number does reflect replacing some the of HD PPVs with real channels (FWIW Fox News HD and Crime and Investigation HD stole their transponder space from HD PPVs). Of the 22 possible channels, 13 would come from existing HD PPVs. D* can't get rid of all of their HD PPVs because a lot of those actually split time with the part time HD RSNs. Plus D* will always keep some because they do generate an additional source of revenue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)