SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
CES 2008: Pioneer Blu-ray Player

Posted January 7, 2008 by Ben

ces.gif
Pioneer is currently showing a new BD model that has no model number, release date or price point. The player is Bonus View (profile 1.1) compatible and internally decodes Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA. Pioneer has promised more information at their product show in May.

Source: Blu-ray.com | Permalink

Link: Blu-ray.com - CES 2008: Pioneer Blu-ray Player

Updated with pics:

CES 2008: Upcoming Pioneer Blu-ray Player (Updated with Pics)

Posted January 8, 2008 by Ben

ces.gif
Pioneer is currently showing a new BD model that has no model number, release date or price point. The player is Bonus View (profile 1.1) compatible and internally decodes Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA. Pioneer has promised more information at their product show in May.

Pioneer's Nameless, Future Blu-ray Player

Pioneer has also been demonstrating their new "Extreme Black Level" technology plasma display. This display is capable of producing true, absolute black-levels and is one of the most amazing and groundbreaking product demonstrations at CES. The content running on this demonstration is being fed by a Pioneer Elite Blu-ray player. Scenes from the Blu-ray version of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End are included in this amazing presentation.
Source: Blu-ray.com | Permalink

Looks like a great player, Pioneer usually makes some great players. But the Elite line is usually pretty pricey, I'd guess this would be over the $1k mark.

I haven't heard anything about them releasing BD players in their mainstream line. I guess we have another day left though.

Wow. Can anyone sell a BD player for over $1,000 anymore? I think they'd have to pack on some extra features for that, like wireless HDMI to your HDTV. :confused:

Well, they still sell $1000 DVD players. It's all about the quality. I've never got why someone would do that thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)