CE's for D-Day Weekend

You might be referring to my post. I should report that everything slowly returned to normal by Thursday. Knock on wood, but since then, it's been nearly flawless. Faster and more responsive than ever. The only issue is that sometimes a recording will have flashes of a black screen.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
I was thinking you had said that all your recordings were Gone, if they did come back, then Yes, it would be something to consider ... if needed.

Have notice the percentage free space has change to hours on the Genie.
Thats Interesting, mine says percentage, but I have yet to run the CE software tonight. Just getting ready .
Wonder how it can know how many hrs would be left seeing it doesn't know if your recording HD or SD ...

Thats Interesting, mine says percentage, but I have yet to run the CE software tonight. Just getting ready .
Wonder how it can know how many hrs would be left seeing it doesn't know if your recording HD or SD ...

Mine says %, too, from last week's CE.

I was thinking you had said that all your recordings were Gone, if they did come back, then Yes, it would be something to consider ... if needed.

I shouldn't have posted so soon after the CE download. It took it all a while to re-appear. I know that the notes always say that things like that can happen, but I have never seen it like that before. It was like I had just gotten Directv.

Well, after this weeks D/L , mine also now shows hours.

HD and SD are different - and, just for fun, so is OTA recordings - are you able to tell what the hours are? Pic?

HD and SD are different - and, just for fun, so is OTA recordings - are you able to tell what the hours are? Pic?
Everything I Record at the moment is HD, so it's a mute point in my case, however, I thionk several years back we had figured the difference was about 4-1 between the two, but that may have been before MPEG4.

I noticed these new features New features,HDMI CEC,Menu Shortcuts,Hours Remaining replaces percentage!! :)

Can you elaborate? What is menu shortcuts? I still don't understand how it can know how many hours you have remaining! It doesn't matter if all someone has recorded is HD - how does it know it will only be HD that you are are GOING TO record? It sounds stupid to me.

Hi all i have an HR-44 and i can not get the CE to work. It has been working fine over the years the last two have not work. If i do the CLEARMYBOX 2 will that help. Also as of to today i am still losing recording when i switch between live shows and recorded.

Hi all i have an HR-44 and i can not get the CE to work. It has been working fine over the years the last two have not work. If i do the CLEARMYBOX 2 will that help. Also as of to today i am still losing recording when i switch between live shows and recorded.
The Menu/Info & Test/Software: states what?

Software 0x8b4,sun 5/18, 1:28. test results all ok. I could do the CE before the 5/18.

Hi. I would like to do the Directv beta but don't see where to do the reporting. The how to thread says there is a place for each version but I don't see any reports, do we email them to someone? Will someone from Directv contact me directly?

Sorry for all the ???s

Hi. I would like to do the Directv beta but don't see where to do the reporting. The how to thread says there is a place for each version but I don't see any reports, do we email them to someone? Will someone from Directv contact me directly?

Sorry for all the ???s

I think you just post them here. That's what I have always done. I have always kinda wondered the same thing.

Sorry for all the ???s
I think you just post them here. That's what I have always done. I have always kinda wondered the same thing.
Yes, you post them here.

D* looks over them when they need to know whats going on in the outside world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)