CE's for Labor Day Weekend

My guess is they are not writing updated code for that model any more; just a guess tho.

They have been all along though, also, this is the SAME software that is on the HR24-500's, so it's my guess that we may get it on the HR24-500's next week ? Hope... the 0x4d9 is now on the HR24-500 and the HR20-700s

JerseyMatt; how long did the "Software Download" take or did you "OK" thru it?

Approximately 5 minutes. It finished a few seconds after the screensaver came on.

So they spent all of this time on an "HD" GUI, and they weren't able to squeeze any more info on guide? Still 1 1/2 hours by 6 channels?

Are there any significant changes other than crisper graphics and a few icons?

I don't see any other 'material' changes, no. Basically it looks like they've 'ported' the list and guide into the new HD framework. They probably had issues with the guide, so this release gives us a taste of the HD GUI while they continue to work on it. A major change like this releasing over so many different models/submodels, can't be easy to implement without issues. It's hard enough getting beta software to work on unified hardware. But for most of us the major framework is now there, and it works (save for the freezeup), so things like the guide can be slipped in easily.

Was is the logic of leaving the HR24-500's out of the new updates?

No clue.. Maybe try again a bit later or tomorrow's window? Maybe it wasn't intentional? Or maybe they had an issue with it and held it back?

I have always wondered if there is a differing set of chips forcing a separate firmware.

I'm thinking the same thing.

My HR23 & HR22,which I keep in my back bedrooms & rarely watch,are getting the new HD GUI. My HR24-500,which I keep in my living room & use as my primary receiver to watch TV,is not. Somebody tell me what's wrong with this picture?

My HR23 & HR22,which I keep in my back bedrooms & rarely watch,are getting the new HD GUI. My HR24-500,which I keep in my living room & use as my primary receiver to watch TV,is not. Somebody tell me what's wrong with this picture?

1. Nothing, cause is beta firmware

or

2. You have the wrong DVR in the LR

:)

Yeah like I said, they probably discovered an issue with the HR24/500 and the HR20, and had to dump them out of the release.

I think you do the "file report" menu option (or whatever its called / I am looking for it), but I would rerun network setup and wait 24 hrs.

MENU>SETTINGS>MISC>REPORT (but maybe that isnt the thing to do / not sure)

I imagine since the HR20/HR24-500 show customer candidate they just needed to test a tweak or minor fix before continuing their rollout.

As for youtube, give it 24 hours, I think it downloads that capability like on demand after a reboot. The old search code is no longer needed as youtube is a standard feature now.

I am downloading on my H24 now, the rest are HR24s, but at least I will get a peak. The pictures look promising, but i'm sure much work is to come. I really hope they give us some guide options for more hours and channels like Dish, or jist change it. I would like 3 hours and 8+ channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts