CE's for Labor Day Weekend

Looks like I'll jump in next Friday. Perhaps some initial kinks will be worked out by then too.

It would not surprise me if next weeks CE didn't have the new UI included in it. They have done that in the past as well.

But at least they are making things interesting and exciting again. :)

Are you saying that Scott or some other Satguys member told Engadget about it? According to the article, his source is DBSTalk.

No, but Scott chimed in with comments letting people know how to do the download.

Scott Greczkowski 3 hours ago in reply to Terry Long
You dont need to join anything. The CE's BETA software is normally sent out every Friday and Saturday Night at 11PM ET. That's when you do the 0,2,4,6,8 thing to get the software.

If you do it however remember it is beta software so if you have any troubes do no call DIRECTV as they won't be able to support you. If you need to you can always revert back to the national software once again by doing the 02468 thing during regular non CE hours.

Yes I let them know the proper way to download and also told them not to call DIRECTV.

I was trying to get them to stop trying to download since the build was not in the stream... (Again I am hearing a lot of people were calling DIRECTV for help.) and I also let them know NOT to call DIRECTV for support on the beta software.

The Genie was out of the bottle might as well tell them the correct way to do it then have everyone trying all day and contacting DIRECTV.

since I have TVersity installed as a whole-home media server on its own custom built PC/server; I rarely if ever use media share, YouTube, etc on the DirecTV boxes, but it nice they are experimenting with it being integrated.

My faith in DIRECTV is restored. The kind of knew it was going to be leaked. This is from Earl of DIRECTV.

A quick comment about the CE Program...

The model as it is today... works very well, for all sides of the table.
This isn't the first time that this release it on Friday Only, model has been done.

While obviously we (As in DIRECTV) would rather not see these items post items outside of the semi-private forums... We have learned over the last 5 years, that it is going to happen at times.

So an appology to the long-term and dedicated CE members, that only (or could only this week) download on Saturday....

I think the DIRECTV CE Program is a great thing and hope it carries on for a long time to come.

Scott was correctly stating that new features in test software will essentially be public knowledge due to the open nature of the testing. In his reply he commented on the rule at DBSTalk about limiting disclosure of CE information, so I picked up on that stating that I agree with the rule. Yes, WE are in a CE forum, but the Engadget article was not.
And that's exactly what's wrong with the Engadget article, which I pointed out earlier: they do NOT cover the potential pitfalls of using test software. Instead, they dangle very luring bait out there about the HD GUI with no thought to what the person who tries to download the software could encounter.,

Gotcha .... and agree.

It would not surprise me if next weeks CE didn't have the new UI included in it. They have done that in the past as well.

But at least they are making things interesting and exciting again. :)

I think the rest of us will get the HD GUI next week, but with much less fan fare as it won't be on peoples mind, like it is now.

Then again, if we DON'T get it for the rest of the recvrs, alot of people will be disappointed and upset, including me.
I've been doing these CE's since the very beginning, now I can't get what the other CE's are getting ?

I think the rest of us will get the HD GUI next week, but with much less fan fare as it won't be on peoples mind, like it is now.

Then again, if we DON'T get it for the rest of the recvrs, alot of people will be disappointed and upset, including me.
I've been doing these CE's since the very beginning, now I can't get what the other CE's are getting ?

As I said they did this before with MRV and the VOD, so if its not there next week dont be surprised... it will return somewhere down the line.

As I said they did this before with MRV and the VOD, so if its not there next week dont be surprised... it will return somewhere down the line.

What I'm concerned about is the fact that the HR20'as and HR24-500 didn't even get it offered to them, I don't care that the Saturday night CE was cancelled, it's just the fact that now with this BS going on, the rest of us may not get the same as the others....

I have had a chance to play with the new GUI screen & it is pretty interesting. I don't know if it's always been that way,but my media share on my HR24-500 sets up just like the media share on my HR23 & HR22(both of which have the new GUI). The only thing my HR24-500 doesn't have is the GUI screen & UMightLike(now My Direct). Also,all of the + channels are gone from all of my DVRs,if that hasn't been mentioned already. Although it may be because of my boxes(HR22 & HR23),the GUI screen does seem to respond slow. There's no freezing or sticking,it just takes a while for the screen you want to come up.

Nope canceled for tonight... and what I am hearing now is they knew last night there would be no CE tonight... the Engadget article really didn't have anything to do with it.

Again its normal to have no Saturday CE when they rollout a major new feature in a CE.

Hi all,
Just joined the CE team and downloaded the software update to my H22-100 last night. I'm wondering, where do I go to submit my feedback? Can you point me to the right thread or do I create a new one?
Also, is it appropriate to suggest changes/enhancements to the UI, or is it pointless because DirecTV is reading this site primarily to find and fix the bugs at this point?
Thanks.

Post it in the CE Forum, normally there is a thread for each weeks CE. Contrary what others want you to believe DIRECTV reads here around the clock so I would say chances are good they will see your feedback.

Thanks for helping to improve DIRECTV for us all with your CE feedback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)