CE's for Labor Day Weekend

Got to say my HR22 is much faster response. Outside of the red tint issue occurring during playback of recorded shows I have liked this release. The black background is great looking and the fast response is a welcome change. I guess they had too many issues and pulled the Sat download.

Jimbo said:
I would try another re boot

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

After 1 reset I was worried about another and losing the guide data I did have. This morning I do have more VOD channels, but channel 1 and 1100 are still unavailable. (not that I care about the help channel)... I'm just wondering if anyone else is still waiting on the VOD content.

Got to say my HR22 is much faster response. Outside of the red tint issue occurring during playback of recorded shows I have liked this release. The black background is great looking and the fast response is a welcome change. I guess they had too many issues and pulled the Sat download.
There was never a Saturday download window planned for this CE. See Earl's comments in Scott's post here. So, it was not cancelled or pulled due to any leak, bug or other issue. :)

After 1 reset I was worried about another and losing the guide data I did have. This morning I do have more VOD channels, but channel 1 and 1100 are still unavailable. (not that I care about the help channel)... I'm just wondering if anyone else is still waiting on the VOD content.

Nope my VoD content is present along with 1 & 1100

I just checked and my VOD is working, but I didn't get the new HD Guide, just the current CE for the HR24-500

VOD not avail:
Cnn
Style
Bravo
USA
Ovation
Sprout
Weather
Starz
Showtime
TMC
Rktv

The others seem to load here. I'm impressed with the clarity of the VOD screens and I downloaded some HBO stuff and it worked fine. I still would like to see an instant play feature, but record is still OK to queue up a bunch of programming for later. It's like going to the video store and picking out a bunch of stuff to bring home vs tuning into something like Netflix instant streaming.

I still don't have Media Share or YouTube, which I think these were omitted in this release for the HR24-200.

So far the direction this GUI is going is awesome. I see TVApps and interactive channels have yet to go HD. I was looking at the US Open standings and you can tell the text and graphics rendered from the app is in SD still. There's a game lounge free trial this weekend and while those games work, they are not HD. That is a whole new animal though.

VOD not avail:
Cnn
Style
Bravo
USA
Ovation
Sprout
Weather
Starz
Showtime
TMC
Rktv

The others seem to load here. I'm impressed with the clarity of the VOD screens and I downloaded some HBO stuff and it worked fine. I still would like to see an instant play feature, but record is still OK to queue up a bunch of programming for later. It's like going to the video store and picking out a bunch of stuff to bring home vs tuning into something like Netflix instant streaming.

I still don't have Media Share or YouTube, which I think these were omitted in this release for the HR24-200.

So far the direction this GUI is going is awesome. I see TVApps and interactive channels have yet to go HD. I was looking at the US Open standings and you can tell the text and graphics rendered from the app is in SD still. There's a game lounge free trial this weekend and while those games work, they are not HD. That is a whole new animal though.

Depending on your internet speed, it's typical to pull up a VOD and go to the Playlist and start watching it, or a few minutes later.

I rarely actually want to start viewing right then at the "click" so I can get my drink & snack all together but I can like Jimbo says above.

Depending on your internet speed, it's typical to pull up a VOD and go to the Playlist and start watching it, or a few minutes later.

I have 10Mbps, and HD downloads pretty much in realtime (takes 1 minute to download 1 minute). SD downloads several times faster (takes 1 minute to download 4 or 5 minutes). For HD I usually let it buffer for 5 minutes or so just to make sure there are no hiccups, but I could start watching immediately. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Directv servers are the bottleneck, and they limit each download to 6Mbps. But I could be mistaken on that.

Matt, I think your right. I have 12mbps and they used to only offer 10mbps. That extra 2mbps didn't make any difference at all.

I guess I could start playing it in a few short minutes, but I prefer not to while the download progress bar is red... or at least wait until a good quarter of the progress bar is filled to prevent interruptions.

I really like the new VOD screens. The graphics are very sharp and the text is very clear and good on the eyes. Overall they did a great job. Every VOD channel has it's own branding to make it stand apart from what it offers. It's thousands of times better than any cable on screen guide I've ever used. This thing blows everything else out of the water.

It would be neat if non DVR's could get to VOD in an MRV household. I'd like to have an H24 for example pick out VOD but it would just download to your preferred DVR hard drive in your DECA cloud. That would be cool, and also beneficial to DirecTV as well, as making VOD available on more screens opens the door up for more revenue generating possibilities.

Can anyone get the Apps to work my are still not working since I downloaded the new HD GUI and some of the On Demand channels are not available like Showtime and The Movie Channel.

Thanks,
Chris

After I downloaded 552 on my HR21-700 ,I started getting this big red bar on the screen when I use the fast forward buttons. It only occurs on the HR21 and not my HR23 or HR22. It is random. I tried different HDMI cables and inputs, made no difference. Only happens on recordings. Any ideas?

DTV.jpg

I wonder if there will be at least one more CE release before the national release. I would think Direct would send out the HD guide to the boxes that did not receive it last weekend. Unless they were satisfied on what they saw.

I wonder if there will be at least one more CE release before the national release. I would think Direct would send out the HD guide to the boxes that did not receive it last weekend. Unless they were satisfied on what they saw.
nah i think they'll put it again in ce next weekend. hopefully..... there are some issues that need tweaking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)