CE's for the first Weekend of August

I'm new to Direct. Just got it 2 weeks ago, and am loving the HR34. I'm curious as to what CE stands for? I am assuming it is a software update. How do you get the boxes to update? I found the screen where it tells me my software version. Mine says 0x54c, Sat 7/21.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but like I said, I am a newbie.

Rapid Turtle,
Make sure you read thru the link that dfergie posted , it goes over most everything, if you have questions, come back in here and ask ....

btw, CE stands for "Cutting Edge", as in newest Software. aka Beta ...

I'll try again tonight with my H25-500 downloading the CE. It froze twice on 94% last night.
After I'd read your post ... I was originally worried that it wouldn't have worked for mine ... and with the time being so close to the normal end time of doing the upgrade/download on friday .. I was surprised that it completed without issue..

though I've not had a chance to play with it ... only to note that it didn't show any new whizbang feature.. but that too being my fault for not looking at what the update was supposed to do.

My main initial reason for updating was to get Pandora & Youtube on the HR34 ... and the secondary reason for both receivers was in hopes that the pauses I get from trying to playback anything from the HR34 across the wire would stop happening ... so far that's not happened and will (as time permits) be looking at my entire setup for why the stutters are happening..

Good Luck getting in tonight!!

After I'd read your post ... I was originally worried that it wouldn't have worked for mine ... and with the time being so close to the normal end time of doing the upgrade/download on friday .. I was surprised that it completed without issue..

though I've not had a chance to play with it ... only to note that it didn't show any new whizbang feature.. but that too being my fault for not looking at what the update was supposed to do.

My main initial reason for updating was to get Pandora & Youtube on the HR34 ... and the secondary reason for both receivers was in hopes that the pauses I get from trying to playback anything from the HR34 across the wire would stop happening ... so far that's not happened and will (as time permits) be looking at my entire setup for why the stutters are happening..

Very rarely do you get a Whizbang feature ...

I had no problems with my other DVR's/receivers(HR22-100,HR23-700,HR24-500,& H24-700) downloading the CE,just my H25-500. I'll try again tonight. I know another person on another thread stated the same problem,but he never stated which receiver it was or what model it was.

Hate seeing them at customers houses! Seems like it hits 96 and then takes forever! Lol

I hardly ever watch them anymore...
I generally set mine to d/l the CE and move to the OTA channels so I can watch the rest of the news, here it's typically 11pm when I d/l.

I got the prompt for OTA set-up. I wonder if it was also on my other receivers when they downloaded the CE? I don't really know,because with 5 receivers/DVR's,I just set up the CE download for the particular receiver/DVR & just moved on to the next one. I stayed with the H25 from beginning to end because of the fits it gave me last night. Actually,the only reason I knew that it had a problem with the download was because I noticed that it was off & I turned it back on to check it,& I saw the download screen at 94%. I figure that it stayed at 94% for so long that it went into standby(but still within the 11:00 PM-2:30 AM frame for CE downloads).

HIFI said:
Just set one of my hr24s back to national as we were unable to access any recordings from it on any other receiver in the system. All good now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED using SatelliteGuys

I may have to do the same for my H24-100.. I am getting the "no audio/video data packets received" error. I haven't sen that on in a while.

Me too! I just went back to 0x5d2 on both of my HR24-500s, and I can now MRV again.

Me three. They obviously broke something. I am also getting an error code 21 when I run a test on the HR24, which is a failure to initialize storage device. I can view recordings from the HR24, but MRV is hosed. Going to d/l national now so the daughter can watch TV in her room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts