CE's for the Weekend of 11.25

everything downloaded good here on both of my hr 24 hd dvr and hr 24 hd recivers :)

everything downloaded good here on both of my hr 24 hd dvr and hr 24 hd recivers 058C here also :)

Hey everyone, new to the CE forum here. I'm trying to download software for the first time. I have an HR24-100.
I cannot get it to download. I'm typing the 0 2 4 6 8 code but nothing happens. I have two blue screens after it resets. The first one says "A few more seconds, almost there" and the next one says "Running receiver self-check". When do I type the code? And any tips to get it right?
Thanks.

Hey everyone, new to the CE forum here. I'm trying to download software for the first time. I have an HR24-100.
I cannot get it to download. I'm typing the 0 2 4 6 8 code but nothing happens. I have two blue screens after it resets. The first one says "A few more seconds, almost there" and the next one says "Running receiver self-check". When do I type the code? And any tips to get it right?
Thanks.

When the receiver reboots,as soon as the lights on the receiver come back on(or are coming up),ignore the picture.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!, after the panel of the receiver goes dark, start the sequence as soon as you see the slightest flicker of light on it, I do it like O ... 2 ... 4... 6 ... 8 evenly but making sure I press the buttons firmly on the remote.

There's a power mode in the settings. It says that the receiver will go into power saving mode if the receiver is inactive for 2 hours(if you are watching TV for over two hours & you don't press a button to let your receiver know that you are still there,it goes into "power saving mode").

When the receiver reboots,as soon as the lights on the receiver come back on(or are coming up),ignore the picture.

Worked on the first try, software downloading. Thanks!
My HR24 goes through my stereo receiver and then to my TV. I guess by the time any picture was coming up it was already too late.

There's a power mode in the settings. It says that the receiver will go into power saving mode if the receiver is inactive for 2 hours(if you are watching TV for over two hours 7 you don't press a button to let your receiver know that you are still there,it goes into "power saving mode").

so its like a Dish DVR then. They have a inactive standby option too

I imagine that it's safe to download the CE to all receivers,just choose which receiver you want the power saving mode to stay on with & then disable it on the others. After that see what the power saving mode does to the receiver you left it turn on with. Schedule a recording & see if it goes through.

You can disable the power saving option(turn it off),but I wonder how it will play into scheduled recordings if you leave it on?

since the receiver is actually doing something it will record just fine

My Dish 211k has the same option (default is 3 hours on that) and I record stuff all the time. No issues

since the receiver is actually doing something it will record just fine

My Dish 211k has the same option (default is 3 hours on that) and I record stuff all the time. No issues

Just the same,I'm leaving the power saving mode enabled on just one HD DVR for now,just to say how it turns out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)