CE's for the Weekend of 4.20

Well, I started to re d/l the software on the HR24-100 again at 11:45 and it's UP at midnight !!!!

Took a whole lot longer the first time thru.

Still no pandora, YouTube, or mydtv. Hoping it's back in the morning or it's NR for me.

- via iPhone 4S

D'oh.. seems to be caught at 98% of the Step 2 of 2: Receiving satellite info.. screen. Is FPR a problem here? or it'll just attempt to complete this again?

Woah.. I'm in a weird mood so i just decided to press power on my remote instead of doing FPR. Box turned off, turned it back on. It still showed the 98% complete, so I pressed Menu and it went to what looks like the Main Menu screen but it's called Startup Menu on the left hand side. In the main screen are 6 large icons, Playlist, and Help we've seen, then Signal Strength, Repeat Sat Setup, Info & Test, and Whole-Home.

Is this part of the new download I haven't completed or something fun I just stumbled over that has been noticed before?

The icons bring you to the same sub-menus we're familiar with, but seeing the different large icons is funny. The Info & test one has a picture of flat screen tv w/ an ekg reading on it

Starting to realize this probably what someone would see when they first activate a receiver with the hd gui on it already. I haven't had the opportunity to do that yet. But I think I'm getting the step 2 of 2 download to restart w/o having to FPR and start over from scratch. I should know in about 5 mins.

Ok this stopped at 98% also after starting from 0%. This method invloved clicking the Restart Sat Setup icon, then typing in the - sign like we'd do to reset the receiver, but in this case it brings you to a screen where you identify your dish type, instead of doing anything there I pressed the left arrow and it brought me to the download screen of program guide info, but, unfortunately, no dice.. Back to square one.

Only thing wrong I'm seeing is in the listing for a show from Globo, ch.2134, from Brazil. A show called "Mais Voce", there is a ^ accent mark above the e in Voce. This appears correctly in the mini guide, the regular guide, and on the top of the screen when the recording list is shown. Only time there's a problem is within the listing of the show in the recording list. The folder title and each individual episode of the show is missing the e w/ the ^. It simply says Mais Voc.

Sent report: 20120421-385C HR24-100

So far, the navigation is flowing much quicker than with most previous d/ls. :: crosses fingers ::

driz said:
Still no pandora, YouTube, or mydtv. Hoping it's back in the morning or it's NR for me.

- via iPhone 4S

Everything is back this morning. No issues so far, UI seems snappy.

- via iPhone 4S

Some crankiness showing up. Attempted to watch a recording from another DVR w/o new software on the DVR w/ the new software, pressed play, screen went to live tv instead and no whole-home receivers show up on either box. Then while watching Weather channel, pressed red button to access local weather, seemed like it was coming up but box did a reset instead.

Both boxes reset now, attempted to watch show from other DVR again, it played normally but when stopping the program I immediately see the message saying that the other room has been disco'd from the network. Still on weather channel, pressed red button again, another reset. The red button pressing to see the Scoreguide has been working normally though.

After posting that last post, I was doing stuff around the house, the receiver had reset and was just on live tv. About 10 minutes later I walk in the room and see it cycling thru another reset for some reason. No one presssed a button and the other receivers were inactive as well. Maybe it just doesn't like the weather channel. I think it's time to get back to the NR. The DVR with non-CE software has been functioning normal with DVR ability and while pressing the red button.

HR24-100 Report 20120421-12FA

I'm having the exact same problem with continual resets with my H23-600 and the weather channel. It seems as though it happens when it tries to access local weather info either during "local on the 8s" or by hitting the red remote button for local weather anytime. Attempting to revert to national now.

Last edited:
Ditto. Twice I was on TWC and when Local on the 8s started, the unit lock on video picture but audio continues. I power cycled each time to get back to a working device.

HR23-700 Report 20120421-42DB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)