CFL on NFL Net

The Saskatchewan Roughriders are the CFL's equivalent of being in the Super Bowl(the Grey Cup) the last 2 years,so seeing a "Championship team" start 0-2,soon to be 0-3,this season is a major shock.

Thank you sir!

Hard to be a Riders fan right now. But they'll turn it around

side note...in Hamilton with the humidex on the field it was around 45
(translation....with the heat index it was 113 on the field)

Weird story. I was in Las Vegas during the last Grey Cup. Ran into these two guys in a store wearing Roughriders gear. We struck up a converstation and they were two farmers from Sasketchewan and they came to LV every year for the Grey Cup. Said a couple of hundred western Canadians did the same, mostly the same guys every year, all hung out at a particular hotel and the hotel put the game on the big screen at the sports book. I asked them if they ever went to the actual game, and they, in unison, said "too cold".

Weird story. I was in Las Vegas during the last Grey Cup. Ran into these two guys in a store wearing Roughriders gear. We struck up a converstation and they were two farmers from Sasketchewan and they came to LV every year for the Grey Cup. Said a couple of hundred western Canadians did the same, mostly the same guys every year, all hung out at a particular hotel and the hotel put the game on the big screen at the sports book. I asked them if they ever went to the actual game, and they, in unison, said "too cold".

Once they reopen BC Place Stadium in Vancouver,it shouldn't be cold because BC Place has a retractable roof.

as do Rogers Centre and the "Big Owe" in Montreal (well a roof at least)

November to alot of northerners means snowbird time :)

So strange to see a league where a team can have first and goal at the three year line and tell the wide receiver to go deep.

Sandra

I love football in general but even the small differences make it SO DIFFERENT from NFL and NCAA but it's football so I'm watching it and Arena.

So strange to see a league where a team can have first and goal at the three year line and tell the wide receiver to go deep.

and the 12 guys on the field at same time
and the punting on 3rd down
no fair catch (they aint wussies in the CFL)
multiple men in motion
men run to the line
seeing 9 yard field goals
Labour Day classic...Calgary/Edmonton....2 games in 4 days
The Banjo Bowl :D
and the rouge (single) :)

The one thing I miss is the beautiful grass field in Commonwealth Stadium (in Edmonton). They switched to field turf when too many teams use the field which can eat it up come October

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)