CFL on NFL Net

I have tried to watch CFL games whenever I could over the years. It was hit or miss with one very low power station carrying a weekly game until ESPN 3 became available. ESPN 3 has become my best friend in the office, otherwise I am stuck with daytime talk on the locals, until it cools off and I can add some more wiring from my central hub into the office. I spend a lot of time on the phone on hold waiting to file claims twice a week. There is only so much elevator music one can take. I usually have one of the games streaming on one of my laptops in my office. It's nice to be the boss and be able to work from home now too.

too bad they arent carrying the Eskies/Stamps game afterwards live (its tape delayed)

Labour Day always brings out the Battle of Alberta
2 games in 5 days
Labour Day in Calgary
Friday in Edmonton

oh and Winnipeg/Saskatchewan tomorrow......the rematch next Sunday known as the Banjo Bowl :)

too bad they arent carrying the Eskies/Stamps game afterwards live (its tape delayed)

Labour Day always brings out the Battle of Alberta
2 games in 5 days
Labour Day in Calgary
Friday in Edmonton

oh and Winnipeg/Saskatchewan tomorrow......the rematch next Sunday known as the Banjo Bowl :)

Andy Fantuz was waived by the Chicago Bears,so hopefully he'll be back with the Riders in time for the Banjo Bowl.

The Calgary Stampeders are playing the Edmonton Eskimos tonight on NFL Network at 9PM tonight.The Toronto Argonauts are playing the BC Lions tomorrow at 4PM on NFL Network.

As far as uniforms go,watching the Edmonton Eskimos tonight after watching the Green Bay Packers last night is like Deja Vu all over again(minus the high scoring & passing of Aaron Rodgers).

The BC Lions-Toronto Argonauts game is the last game played at Empire Field before the Lions return to BC Place. Empire Field is a testament to cost effectiveness. It is a temporary stadium put up up on a fair ground. The Minnesota Vikings could have learned a lot from the BC Lions. They could set up temporary seating at TCF Bank Stadium to expand it to 80,000 seats & replace the Metrodome's roof with a retractable roof. Hey NFL,there's a recession going on in the U.S. The days of taxpayer paid 1 billion dollar palaces ARE GONE. Fix/repair what stadiums you already got & stop holding fans hostage to your greed.

The BC Lions-Toronto Argonauts game is the last game played at Empire Field before the Lions return to BC Place. Empire Field is a testament to cost effectiveness. It is a temporary stadium put up up on a fair ground. The Minnesota Vikings could have learned a lot from the BC Lions. They could set up temporary seating at TCF Bank Stadium to expand it to 80,000 seats & replace the Metrodome's roof with a retractable roof. Hey NFL,there's a recession going on in the U.S. The days of taxpayer paid 1 billion dollar palaces ARE GONE. Fix/repair what stadiums you already got & stop holding fans hostage to your greed.

While I partially agree there are way too many issues with the dome that makes this idea not good

2 big items off the top of my head
-the lights are attached to the roof right now
-the concourses and concession stands do not have heat so that wouldnt work in the winter...

While I partially agree there are way too many issues with the dome that makes this idea not good

2 big items off the top of my head
-the lights are attached to the roof right now
-the concourses and concession stands do not have heat so that wouldnt work in the winter...

Actually,BC Place's retractable roof is based on the stadium in Frankfurt,Germany. Do you remember how the Olympic Stadium in Montreal's retractable roof was supposed to operate? Imagine a hole in the center of the roof like the old Texas Stadium,except it's round & not rectangular. Now imagine what would appear to be a scoreboard hanging in the center of the hole with cables like spokes surrounding it. The cables will pull the retractable roof out like sails on a ship. I have to admit that when I first saw it,I thought "how will that stay intact in a heavy snow storm?" But,the roof in Frankfurt seems to be holding up & functioning. Admittedly,it doesn't snow as heavy in Vancouver &,most likely,Frankfurt like it does in Minneapolis,but it is an idea to consider.

Check out the game tonight on NFL network at 10:30 PM between the Edmonton Eskimos & the BC Lions. The highlight will be that the BC Lions are playing their home game in a renovated BC Place Stadium with a newly installed retractable roof. keep in mind when you look at BC Place Stadium is that it was basically the same design as the Minneapolis Metrodome. It is a shame to pay over a billion dollars for a new stadium in an area(Ramsey) that also has to have its roads upgraded to support said new stadium. BC Place is the stadium the Vikings Owner doesn't want you to see,because it is a "cheaper" alternative to what he wants. Also,now he decides that he doesn't want to play in TCF Bank Stadium while a new stadium is being renovated/built. What a douche.

actually its Ramsey County. There is a city called Ramsey but its not near the site where the Vikes want their new stadium. The new stadium would be in Arden Hills about 10 minutes from the Humpty Dome ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing the new BC Place

actually its Ramsey County. There is a city called Ramsey but its not near the site where the Vikes want their new stadium. The new stadium would be in Arden Hills about 10 minutes from the Humpty Dome ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing the new BC Place

I knew "Ramsey" was in the title,I was just too lazy to look it up while posting my message. Probably comparing BC Place to the Metrodome is apples & oranges. You are talking the difference between Vancouver/Minneapolis,British Columbia/Minnesota,Canada/USA. But,the people in charge of renovating BC Place used a lot of imagination in potentially saving money by just renovating the roof(among other things) & putting up a temporary stadium on the site of the former Empire Stadium. It would seem like it would be easier to put up temporary seating in TCF Bank Stadium(& maybe add some porta potties to increase the bathroom situation) while either renovating the roof on the Metrodome(which hopefully would take as long as it took for BC Place),or,if they find the money,building a new stadium in Arden Hills,or demolishing the Metrodome & building a new stadium there. The fact that the Vikings' owner doesn't want to play in the Metrodome anymore,or that he doesn't want to play in TCF Bank Stadium while a new stadium is being built/renovated sounds to me like he's looking for any excuse to move the Vikings maybe to Los Angeles. The Arden Hills proposal sounds sure to fail because of the money shortfall in upgrading the roads.

Last edited:
BOy there is way to redeem yourself. Just got done with the Calgary/BC game from last night

BC up by 5 (30-25) with 4 minutes left and their kicker misses a 45 yarder.....Calgary guy returns it 117-118 yards for a TD....
McCallum (the BC kicker) makes it up by kicking his season long FG of 53 yards as time expires to win it 33-31 :)

Also forgot to mention here are a couple things about that last play you wont see in the NFL
-the clock was at 0:00 yet they just started lining up for the kick
-Calgary "iced" the kicker by taking a timeout with 0:00 left ;)
-The Calgary punter was the return man just in case McCallum missed it. After all with a 31-30 lead Calgary didnt want to get trapped in the end zone and give up a rouge (single). Hence the reason the punter was there...to punt it out of the endzone

oh and the missed FG return....was 122 yards (my mistake) ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)