Chadwick Mo, you want it come get it

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lownote2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Did a job today in Chadwick, Mo. Had a beautiful looking C-band sitting in their yard and looked in really great shape. I inquired about it and they told me, "Oh, that thing... haven't used it in years."

I told them that a lot of people still use them as a hobby and perhaps someone would love to put it to use. I explained it's hard to put a price on something like that though because you never know if it's going to work or need a lot of work. They told me it worked until the day they stopped using it and got Dish. The woman told me she would have taken it down years ago but it was too much hassle.

Anyway, I told them I may be able to find someone to take it if they wanted it gone and they told me, "If somebody wants it, they are more than welcome to have it."

Just PM me and I'll let them know. I'm not going to post their info. Really nice older couple. (Fed me some delicious ham and potatoes too.)

I'm attaching some pics. Usually my camera takes great pics, but I've got a setting off or something and didn't realize it until now, so I really apologize. I'm not up on C-band so I don't know them like I do Ku. The pics attached are small. I tried to remember the name on the back of the dish but can't. From the pics it looks like ???sky trex ... super trex.... I can't tell and can't remember.

Attachments

• close2.jpg
    close2.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 196
  • close3.jpg
    close3.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 180
  • close5.jpg
    close5.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 175
  • close.jpg
    close.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 180
BTW: Like I said, I'm not up on Cband. If I could have taken it and put it in my yard I would have, but subdivisions and neighbors.

Anyway, it's gotta be bigger than 6 ft. I'd guess at least 7 maybe 8, but it was bigger than a 6 footer.

good karma:

Star Trak , maybe?
I think that's one I've heard mentioned.

The dish looks in good shape.
Thanks for sharing. - :up
Hope some deserving member helps them out! :cool:

I'll spread the word, lownote, might find a taker for it, my sat warehouse is pretty full here. I'm about an hour east of Chadwick (near Mt. Vernon). :)

I'll spread the word, lownote, might find a taker for it, my sat warehouse is pretty full here. I'm about an hour east of Chadwick (near Mt. Vernon). :)

good to know there's some fellow FTAers close around here. Most people I talk to about it are clueless or think it's something illegal. Just wish there was a local shop or something close sometimes, nobody carries anything fta around here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)