Changed my tune DTV ROCKS with Customer service!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Well all is well that ends well! Great install after all the headaches. Then I get a call from Directv exculations dept late this afternoon. I was asked if the install went as planned. I complimented the installer and said I loved the picture. She asked if I had any concerns. I said after 10 years with Dishnet I only was upset at the price Directv is charging for the HD Dvr. She said let me see what I can do. She came back and told me I could have one free intalled this Wed. Only thing I had to pay was 19 bucks shipping and handling! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She also said for my troubles they were throwing in something called Superfan, Nascar HD and some game channels?

Anyway, I told her that she and the installer made up for any of the diconnects from the week. She thanked me and now I AM A HAPPY DIRECTV CUSTOMER!

It's great to see that everything finally worked out for you. I hope my install goes without a hitch today.

I have always felt that this is no easy chore for any company. Installations with a slew of different companies all around the country, different needs and setups, etc... In the end they seem to get it right most of the time though there is usually a glitch or 2 along the way. Enjoy your setup!

Man, you're exceedingly lucky! After a list of problems longer than my entire body, the absolute best they will do on the receiver for me is $198. Despite ringing up and telling them that I know for a fact other people are getting this 'postage only' deal...

Got mine put in today. He even put in a 6x8 switch when I only needed 4 inputs total. It was on work order. Very good service and not its time to play. Hope they can help you better Weapon. Thats not fair!

My folks have had D* for 8 years,same equipment. I bought them a 32" LCD HDTV for an anniversary present and called up D* and told them I was dad and asked for customer retention and described the deals people were getting for upgrades, told them just an H20 would be ok along with the 5 LNB dish and the HD pak. All they would offer was a $10 a month credit for 6 months, no deals on equipment at all, said it would cost $200. Told them that E* would do DVR for free, plus discount service. Stupid D* customer retention CSR just said that we don't have any deals right now and check back in a month or so as they change a lot.
Told them to shove their service,called E* got free DVR plus install, $20 a month off of AT200, NO DVR fee, plus $10 more bounty off per month for switching from D*, I used one of my Club dish numbers and also waived $49 activation fee, Bottom Line= FREE.
Apparentely D* don't give a rats A** about keeping their subs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)