Changes to Guide with L750

mmcl26554

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Northern WV
I just got L750 on both my 722K's. I thought there must be something wrong with the guide as the default list is NOT "All channels" but "My Channels". Before L750 the guide would always come up with the last listing which you displayed. But, not anymore as even though I change it to "All Channels" the next time we bring up the guide it is back to "My Channels". Strange, though, that "My HD Channels" will stick but Not "All Channels". I looked and looked for a setting to change this so "All Channels" would come up all the time. Finally, I called and was told this is a defect with L750. Anyone heard of this, or was the CSR just giving me to brush-off?
Michaels

Personally, I like the fact it stays on My channels. I hate seeing channels I can only watch if I pay another $10.00 a month to upgrade.

The thing that's funny about it is that we have NO channel lists set up, so the "My Channels" are the same channels as the "All Channels". But, the thing should still remain where you last set it to, whether It was one of your lists, All Channels, or HD only.

Wow, never noticed that. My 722Ks with L750 exhibit the same behavior. If my Mom's 722K still have L690 by then, I'll check and see if it does the same. I always use "My Channels" anyway.

Not happening to my K with L750. Same list (a FAVES) as the last time.

The thing that's funny about it is that we have NO channel lists set up, so the "My Channels" are the same channels as the "All Channels".

It shouldn't be. "My Channels" should be what used to be named "All Sub", unless the 722k is doing it differently than the 622 for no apparent reason.

As long as I have had a DishNetwork receiver where you could set your own channel list, (13 years now) the default list which listed every channel was labled as
"All Channels". And that is still true, BUT, it does not stay the way you set it. Now it always goes back to "My channels", even though you have no channel list. So the problem is it doesn't remember where you set it. For the life of me I cannot under why they would tinker with this which was never a problem, in the face of all the other problems. Unless it was another unintended bug. It seems every time Dish releases new software, that they fix one problem and create at least new one. Then with the next release they fix that problem only to create a new one, and so it goes on and on and on and on....... Must be the same crew which cannot get Dish Online working properly. At some point I will have to stop believing they will ever get there software working as intended! That time is near.
Michael

Quick question. Other then not liking change. Why is not seeing channels you don't get a bad thing. Saves time, gets rid of clutter on the guide, lets you select what you CAN view. It is possible that after 13 years they got it right. JMO

I use My Favorites list as my default on my 722K with L690. if 750 changes my default to something else, I will be very upset. I only ise My Favorites (customized list).

I use My Favorites list as my default on my 722K with L690. if 750 changes my default to something else, I will be very upset. I only ise My Favorites (customized list).

You won't be upset because it won't change your favorites list. See my post #5.

I looked and looked for a setting to change this so "All Channels" would come up all the time.

Menu-8-2...check the box for the list you want to default to. Obviously, yours is now set to My Channels. Did L750 change it? Since it did not change mine, I would say someone changed it. But as nearly everyone else has asked...why would you want All Channels????

Change is not always good, nor is it always bad. But change for the sake of change is usually not good or at best annoying. We get used to things the way we like, and just to change something especially in the computer and internet world for no good purpose is irritating. It makes us have to learn again that which we already knew. Take for example the change Microsoft foisted upon us in the control panel changes from XP to Vista. Why was it necessary to change "Add Remove Programs" to "Programs and Features", it served no useful purpose. The first time you used Vista you had to spend time figuring out how to remove a program.
Now in the case with Dish. Before this change, which the CSR at Dish told me was an error, I could choose to have as the default title of my guide "All Channels" or "My Channels, or "HD only" or any other available option. All I had to do was select the option I wanted while in the guide and the next time I accessed my guide that would be the title. I can now still select the All Channels option, BUT it does not stick. That is my gripe! I now do not have control as I did before and that is the way I liked it. Now if you don't like All Channels, that's fine you can select My Channels and it will stick, I no longer have that privilege "Big Brother Dish" has chosen it for me. If you could no longer select My Channels and have it stick, you would not be happy as I am not happy.
Acutally, for me, The MY Channel list should be empty as I have not chosen any channels. But it isn't empty, and in fact is just the All Channels listing by a different name My Channels. Why was this change necessary? Dish has far more important things to change that are not working correctly than the name of the Guide listing.
Michael

Menu-8-2...check the box for the list you want to default to. Obviously, yours is now set to My Channels. Did L750 change it? Since it did not change mine, I would say someone changed it. But as nearly everyone else has asked...why would you want All Channels????

Yes mine is set to My Channels and I cannot change it in the menu, however, I can cause the changes to become available when you are in the guide and I do change it to all channels but it does not stick. Why do I want All Channels, because I subscribe to all channels, there is only one channel which comes up in my guide I do not subscribe to and that is the Baby channel. I could block that if I wanted, but it is not a problem. I just want it the way I want it and that it was. I ask again, why was it important for dish to change this, if it was intended. And I prefer the Blue color over the green!!

Maybe DISH got a lot of calls/complaints about the guide listing channels that people don't subscribe to or something...

The MY Channel list should be empty as I have not chosen any channels. But it isn't empty, and in fact is just the All Channels listing by a different name My Channels. Why was this change necessary? Dish has far more important things to change that are not working correctly than the name of the Guide listing.
Michael

MY channels will not be empty. It's the new name for "My subscribed Channels" So it will show any channel that is in your subscription package.

Sure it is OK to have one more option "My subscribed channels" that you may choose if you want, but why not, since the All Channels are one of the options, let me make that the default if I want? And, you can choose what you want for your default. My beef is I can no longer choose what I had and was happy with before. I would like to know what was Dish's intention was it to add another choice for default, and eliminating All Channels as a default option simply another error on their part. Could a member of the D.I.R.T team comment on that.
Michael

Sure it is OK to have one more option "My subscribed channels" that you may choose if you want, but why not, since the All Channels are one of the options, let me make that the default if I want? And, you can choose what you want for your default. My beef is I can no longer choose what I had and was happy with before. I would like to know what was Dish's intention was it to add another choice for default, and eliminating All Channels as a default option simply another error on their part. Could a member of the D.I.R.T team comment on that.
Michael
Not sure from your responses, but did you go to Menu-8-2 and select your default list as was suggested?

You are not going to be happy with whatever they say, so what's the point??? I am still totally dumbfounded as to why this upsets you so much, since, as you have already admitted, the net difference for YOU is one channel. Does Dish or anyone else for that matter have to ask YOUR permission to make changes to whatever? You sure are acting like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts