Changes to Guide with L750

I have 3 722k's with L750 software, I can select My channels/all sub , What I labeled "Dad", or "all channels" All HD is there too be I don't use it. The Dad list I created for me. If I leave it on Dad list it is there when I turn it on. One exception. If my receiver takes an update on download it will be on "All Channels" ,Here's the weird part,, if this happens I push the guide button once and all of a sudden the Dad guide shows up. ;)

I am not upset by this, just annoyed. I really don't have a problem adapting, and I won't lose sleep over it nor have a hypertensive crisis. I just do not understand why I cannot have it my way. They took something away, a choice, and I don't understand why it was necessary. I only asked the question because it was an unexpected change. I wanted to see if others noticed it and what they thought. Some like it, that is fine. I, however, do not like not being able to select the default I want to keep. I will not be considering leaving Dish over this. And you are correct this is not a particularly important issue, but I don't have to like it. Again I say, they have much bigger fish to fry than this.

I suggest the OP stays away from the 922 then. I have one and it does the same thing. Open guide, change to " all channels ". Close guide, re-open guide, guide defaults back to " my channels ". Nothing to do but live with it. For me, not a big deal, for others, I guess a bigger deal.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Are you saying that Menu-8-2 doesn't work for you???

No I am not. First of all, I cannot select "All Channels" as I had before because it is not in that menu. But, I can set that menu it to allow me to select All Channels within the guide, when I press the guide button again. The problem is if I select All Channels the next time I go back into the guide it comes up My Channels. If I change it to HD only then the next visit to the guide it comes up HD only. Won't do that with All Channels as it did before.

No I am not. First of all, I cannot select "All Channels" as I had before because it is not in that menu.

My Channels, My HD Channels, and All Channels are not in the top part of the menu there? (Separated from the lists you make yourself)

You are correct jerryez. In the past you were limited as to the number of channels you could have in any one list. However, I find that to no longer be true and I will set up one with the blue color I like. But I still find it irritating to have to put up with what I consider to be unnecessary changes just because some others cannot figure out what channels they subscribe to, or don't know how to press the Sat button on their remote to control their dish receiver after they forgot they pressed the TV button to control their TV. It scares me a bit to think those people also have the right to vote! Maybe they cannot figure out where the polling place is or how to operate the electronic voting machine.

If someone is subscribed to AT120 and has the guide set to "All Channels", it would be a pain to scroll through the guide to browse to the channels they are subscribed to. It's not a matter of not being able to figure out what channels they subscribe to. :rolleyes:

On 11/30 software began to roll out to minimize access to the “All Channels” EPG list on the 722k. “All Channels” has been removed from the Favorites Lists menu and can now only be selected by toggling through the Favorites Lists while in the EPG. If a customer selects “All Channels” and exits the EPG, the EPG will default to “My Channels” the next time it is accessed. This is being done in an effort to reduce customer confusion caused by being able to view channels to which they are not subscribed.

On 11/30 software began to roll out to minimize access to the “All Channels” EPG list on the 722k. “All Channels” has been removed from the Favorites Lists menu and can now only be selected by toggling through the Favorites Lists while in the EPG. If a customer selects “All Channels” and exits the EPG, the EPG will default to “My Channels” the next time it is accessed. This is being done in an effort to reduce customer confusion caused by being able to view channels to which they are not subscribed.

Since DISH has reached out to these confused customers, I wonder if these same "confused" customers complained to DISH about why the program "Digital Service" never airs (or wonder why a TV show has such a name) if Dish would fix the EPG for those channels? :rant:

Maybe I should just sound more confused when I call DISH or submit a failed IQ test :D

Just hit menu menu select ALL CHANNELS done exit to EPG. :cool: Then a mod close the thread. :D

Yes one can do that, BUT when you come back you have to do it again because the ALL CHANNELS will NOT be the default, even if you wanted it to be. That's the complaint! Dish is catering to subscribers who are unable or unwilling to figure out how to set their receiver the way they want. If dish wanted to make MY CHANNELS the default setting, fine just allow me to set ALL Channels to the default if I want.

Yes one can do that, BUT when you come back you have to do it again because the ALL CHANNELS will NOT be the default, even if you wanted it to be. That's the complaint! Dish is catering to subscribers who are unable or unwilling to figure out how to set their receiver the way they want. If dish wanted to make MY CHANNELS the default setting, fine just allow me to set ALL Channels to the default if I want.
OK I guess whatever. I have my own list I've made so never look at the all channels and go there's one I don't have I need a bigger package.

Despite that I may not even ever use all channels, your point is well taken. I rarely like less options. Dish must be receiving alot of calls regarding this to go to the lengths to do a another software update.

Don't you think Dish has much more important functional issues to work on, like DOL!
Remember the old song "50 Channels and nothings on", well now what is 500, 700, 1000 channels and Nothings on! More choices, but still nothings on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts