Changes to upcoming recordings dont always 'take'

cfb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
California
I had a show that I'd added an hour to in order to catch the show immediately following, because I was at the 50 SL limit. I later freed up an SL slot, took the extra hour off the recording and put in a SL for the show I wanted.

However, several days later the receiver recorded the extra hour anyhow, and didnt record the other show because both tuners were busy with higher priority stuff.

So thats NCIS: Los Angeles out the window, on top of missing the first half of House and Heroes due to the receiver hang I had on monday night.

Bit of a bumpy ride. CE testing in the summer is a lot less problematic.

I'm now rebooting both receivers nightly before I go to bed, so no recurrences of the hangs or slow/drop of MRV.

Did you take the extra hour off the actual recording or from the series link entry? If you did the series link entry, then it probably recorded the extra hour because it was already scheduled. Only, future recordings will have the new recording length.

Ah, that makes sense on one level but its kind of a bummer. You'd think that making a change to a series link would also effect future recordings of that series link. I made the change a couple of days before the recording.

Another one of those instances where there are a couple of ways to go about something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts