Changing from USALS to Diseq 1.2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TiminMb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I have a Fortec receiver and I'm always challenged by moving from USALS to 1.2 so I can do some fine tuning. Its easy the first time I switch, as when I move from USALS to 1.2 in antenna setup, 1.2 starts on "NULL", so that it doesn't move. But, if lord help me I ever screw up the 1.2 setting, the moment I move from USALS to 1.2, the dish immediately starts to move. How do I freeze it in position from the current USALS position and just bump it an increment east or west? The problem is the second I move to 1.2, it starts rotating the dish to whatever the 1.2 setting is. Is there a way to manually set in the 1.2 position for Amazonas at 61 W? I'm trying to use 1.2 to fine tune, it but as mentioned, the 1.2 position I currently have associated with it is grossly off course and I don't want it to swing there the moment I toggle it to 1.2 from USALS in antenna setup.

where it says "null" in the motor setup, you have to change that to a position (27-49) before moving the dish.

Yes, I have assigned the various satellites that I use 1.2 on with their own numbers.

Problem is that if the stored 1.2 position is way off, how do I stop the motor from moving way off when I'm currently moved real close to the satellite, using USALS.

For some reason my Amazonas 61 position on 1.2 is way off, it was nearly pointing to due South. Its so far out, I can't find the satellite. I've tried nudging East and it takes for ever, and I'm not sure if I'm even close, without climbing up on the roof during the process.

Is there a way to manually enter a satellites position with 1.2 so that I start out close?

What I have done is use USALS to get to general area, then switch to 1.2 and right away press "East" or "West" once then store. Then you can go from there.

I had the same issues with the motor moving to wrong satellite but that "trick" seemed to work

It's supposed to be possible to clear all the DisecQ set limits in the motor, but I haven't yet found out how to do it. The only clue I see in my STABS manual is that the receiver can do that, but I don't see the option anywhere.

:-(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)