Changing my system from two Hoppers to One?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

david in texas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
Hey all ,

My current setup is two Hoppers with Joeys.

I just got off the phone with a very nice and helpful rep but she was very new and seemed a little confused.

I am wanting to change my system to the Sling Hopper and three Joeys.

Is this possible? I think that's what we setup an appt for, but with her being a little confused just want to make sure this will work.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You should be getting an installation email shortly describing what is planned. You may be able to see something on mydish.com as well. If that helps you at all.

Thanks guys. This is the email I did get from Dish:

"

Equipment to Be Installed
Rcvr Hopper with Sling
Rcvr Joey

Your new receiver(s) will provide service on 2 TV(s), will allow you to view HD content on 2 TV(s) (requires HD programming) and will enable you to watch or record up to live show(s) at once.

"

I guess that's saying what I'm wanting/needing. But leads me to this question, says will allow you to view HD on 2 TV(s).

Does that mean on two of my TVs I won't have HD on them?

And how may total tuners will I know be able to utilize at once,not including prime time anytime ?

Sorry for the confusion,just want to make sure I have everything right before Sat morning.

You'll have three tuners either way, unless you get OTA. That is saying they have you setup on a hopper and 1 joey. What is your current setup again? How many joeys?

You'll have three tuners either way, unless you get OTA. That is saying they have you setup on a hopper and 1 joey. What is your current setup again? How many joeys?

I have two hoppers with one Joey paired to each.

I'm thinking maybe I should have gotten a super Joey. Bad didn't even know about it until I had gotten off the phone with the rep.

Look carefully, you may want one of those to be a SuperJoey to give you 2 more tuners. 3 joeys will stretch the single Hopper's 3 tuners and leave you will no spare recording tuners. The price difference is small. Why are you removing the second Hopper?
-Ken

Reactions: Skytrooper
If you're thinkig about going to a hopper/SJ/2J, you might as well stick to 2 hopper 2 joey solution. It's $2 more per month, but it also has an individual receiver, so in the case one hopper goes down, the other will still be running. Ken is right, on three joeys stretching your viewings thin. That's just my opinion. You may want to save that $24/year, and roll the dice that nothing happens, but now you atleast know what you are "hopping" into.

Yeh, substituting a Super Joey for a second Hopper is kind of silly, considering the advantages.

It's a trade off...substituting one more tuner, redundancy and extra DVR space for full integration.

Of course if full integration had been implemented properly to begin with, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Reactions: david in texas
I guess the main thing I'm wanting is the Hopper with Sling,so I guess I could keep one of my two Hoppers. Thoughts?

Thanks all for all the input.

I guess the main thing I'm wanting is the Hopper with Sling,so I guess I could keep one of my two Hoppers. Thoughts?

Thanks all for all the input.
Yeah, if that's all you're after, then just replacing one of the Hoppers would be best. It would require no wiring changes.

Reactions: david in texas
Yeah, if that's all you're after, then just replacing one of the Hoppers would be best. It would require no wiring changes.

Can the tech that's coming tomorrow be able to change the order upon his arrival since he'd be using less of the equipment he's bringing or do I have to call back to modify it and reschedule?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts