Changing Programming On-line

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

red hazard

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
St Louis Metro East (Illinois)
Can you remove or downgrade programming on-line? I went to the DirecTV site but could not figure out how to do it. If it can be done, please provide some hints.

some premium stuff you can remove but it looks like sports package and movies you can't. D* wants to "sweeten the deal" maybe

They never tried to sweeten the deal with me. They just read a script saying what movies you will miss if you cancel. I guess they might have if I would have asked for a discount.

Yes I am guessing as well that is why they wont let you change online as they want to tell you what you may be missing and perhaps give a deal of some sorts, wish though they would let you just change online so if you really want to change you can

Yes I am guessing as well that is why they wont let you change online as they want to tell you what you may be missing and perhaps give a deal of some sorts, wish though they would let you just change online so if you really want to change you can

Of course they want the chance to change your mind .... I would understand if you were trying to cancel SERVICE all together, but to not be able to change a package or a movie channel is ridiculous ....I understand that they don't want you turning a Movie channel On and Off over a Weekend, but they already took care of that, you get charged for the month regardless now.

IF your dropping a channel/package wouldn't you ALREADY KNOW what you'll miss ?

They never tried to sweeten the deal with me. They just read a script saying what movies you will miss if you cancel. I guess they might have if I would have asked for a discount.

hmm...When I called to cancel the sports package they asked if I wanted the movies and I said no. Got txfrd to another rep who "sweetened the deal" for me to keep them for a while

Of course they want the chance to change your mind .... I would understand if you were trying to cancel SERVICE all together, but to not be able to change a package or a movie channel is ridiculous ....I understand that they don't want you turning a Movie channel On and Off over a Weekend, but they already took care of that, you get charged for the month regardless now.

IF your dropping a channel/package wouldn't you ALREADY KNOW what you'll miss ?

Yes, kind of a pain if you know you want to make changes

A couple years ago it was a breeze ad and cancel programing any time. But they got smart becuse people were abusing this deal. People ad HBO tonite for a movie or boxing and then next day they cancel.

Both companies added a "30 day minimum" clause. With Directv if you cancel the premium channel before 30 days they charge you $10. Dish is the same way

hmm...When I called to cancel the sports package they asked if I wanted the movies and I said no. Got txfrd to another rep who "sweetened the deal" for me to keep them for a while
I just called to cancel the sports pack as well. I subscribe to Showtime and the rep offered me a $10 discount on the sports pack and $5 off Showtime for 6 months. I elected to move forward with canceling the sports pack but they still gave me $5/mo off Showtime for 6 months.

Being able to cancel online would be nifty, but I can't complain too much when calling in nets deals like that.

heh thats the same deal I got on the sportspack too but I kept mine for cbb season. Come April when most everything is blacked out I'll drop it then :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts