Changing recording prefs permanently

Crammers

Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
Florida
How do I change the default on recording on my vip722k to start on time and finish on time?

The problem is when I'm recording multiple shows one after another on different channels then the recording cuts off 3 mins early to start recording the other shows.
Never had this problem with DirecTV :rant:

How do I change the default on recording on my vip722k to start on time and finish on time?

The problem is when I'm recording multiple shows one after another on different channels then the recording cuts off 3 mins early to start recording the other shows.
Never had this problem with DirecTV :rant:

Not at home so I can't tell you exactly where to go, but there is a global preference for setting the amount of time before and after the scheduled time for starting a recording.. Just set it to 0 and you will be set. You can also set this on a recording by recording basis (it will override what ever is set in the global preference), which can be handy for sporting events, especially baseball. Go to "menu" and try the "setup" sub menu, if that's not it, just scroll through until you find it there really are not that many submenus. I have no idea where dish obtains the "time" that is in the guide.The dvr relies on the time setting in the guide, so if a show starts late for some reason or runs over time the dvr will turn off based on the guide not on the show. There have been more than a few instances of shows not ending "on time" so to speak and we have missed the final 30 seconds or so of a show (not the credits). Doesn't seem like much but a lot can happen in 30 seconds of a TV show especially when it is season finally.

Hope this helps

Ross

When you press record of a guide item you have the options menu with the Start Early and End Late options and a checkbox for Set as System Default. This will not fix previously set start/end times, only new ones. Don't ask me about repeating timers.

If the times are more than 2 minute IIRC, then they will be forced. If 2 or less, they are permissive, i.e., only if other timers allow. So that is your problem, the initial default is 1 before and 3 min after and thus forcing the after time.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts