Channel 213 Local Weather channel? April 2023

DM me a picture of your guide with the info being wrong.
The guide is still wrong for FOX 4. The Fox logo is on DABLE 4.1 and there is nothing on 6.3 Fox 4. So this is still not fixed. We had a channel move like two and a half years ago when they moved Fox 4 to 6.3. KFDM owns all the channels on 4.1 Dable ,4.2 TBD ,4.3 Comet, 4.4 Stadium 4.5 Charge as well as 6.1 CBS , 6.2 Cw and 6.3 FOX 4. They need to change the channel identifier in DISH's system so they can recognize 6.3 for Fox 4 and provide full guide data for FOX.

Reactions: charlesrshell

I don't know how to insert or attach an image to a personal message. However, here is the image.

IMG_0655.JPG

The guide is still wrong for FOX 4. The Fox logo is on DABLE 4.1 and there is nothing on 6.3 Fox 4. So this is still not fixed. We had a channel move like two and a half years ago when they moved Fox 4 to 6.3. KFDM owns all the channels on 4.1 Dable ,4.2 TBD ,4.3 Comet, 4.4 Stadium 4.5 Charge as well as 6.1 CBS , 6.2 Cw and 6.3 FOX 4. They need to change the channel identifier in DISH's system so they can recognize 6.3 for Fox 4 and provide full guide data for FOX.
Mike, when Josh said the issue was fixed this morning he was responding to someone else about another issue.

Wanted to post an update here as this was originally a post about Ch.213 on VIP receivers being missing.

This channel will no longer exist as of 5/17/23. The reasoning is simply the app is no longer in a position to be supported in a reasonable manner.

We are in discussions to potentially replicate the app on hopper receivers, but do so in a way that we could maintain it on our own without reliance on the weather channel - but these discussions are very early and a solution may take a while.

Thanks!

This channel will no longer exist as of 5/17/23. The reasoning is simply the app is no longer in a position to be supported in a reasonable manner.
That's really sad. I remember being a kid and using the app on my first receiver (2800 I believe?) and being amazed of the fact that I could have a interactive weather app that did not rely on internet.

Mike, when Josh said the issue was fixed this morning he was responding to someone else about another issue.
Thanks. I saw someone ask the same question about my locals and saw the answer it had been fixed. I was trying to make sure that DISH knew our locals were still not right. I guess I was just excited when they said it was Fixed. Oh well someday soon. :rolleyes:

Reactions: charlesrshell
Wanted to post an update here as this was originally a post about Ch.213 on VIP receivers being missing.

We are in discussions to potentially replicate the app on hopper receivers, but do so in a way that we could maintain it on our own without reliance on the weather channel - but these discussions are very early and a solution may take a while.

Thanks!

Somewhat good news, the removal of this app has been delayed until July at which point the data stream will cease to exist - once I get an update on the specific date I will post it here.

Wow, good work. So, Josh, since you seem to be the guy who can get things done, how about fixing my little problem?

Ever since KFDM in Beaumont TX moved their Fox station from 4.1 to 6.3, we don't get any guide data for OTA 6.3. It just say Fox 4. The guide data on OTA 4.1 still shows for Fox programming, even though it is now Dabble.

This has been that way for a couple of years. I've contacted DISH multiple times and they claim it has been reported to an Engineer and will be fixed "soon". Still has not.

Thanks. You da man.

I wanted to follow up on this.

I hereby nominate Josh for SatGuys Member of the Month. I've been trying to get this corrected for a couple of years. As of yesterday, Channel 6.3 Fox in Beaumont is receiving the proper OTA guide data. This will make my TV watching much easier in the future, as I was having to make manual recordings, and sometimes even missed an event I wanted to see.

Once again, thanks to Josh for getting this taken care of, and I repeat "you da man"

I wanted to follow up on this.

I hereby nominate Josh for SatGuys Member of the Month. I've been trying to get this corrected for a couple of years. As of yesterday, Channel 6.3 Fox in Beaumont is receiving the proper OTA guide data. This will make my TV watching much easier in the future, as I was having to make manual recordings, and sometimes even missed an event I wanted to see.

Once again, thanks to Josh for getting this taken care of, and I repeat "you da man"
Glad I could help out!