Channel 304 (ESPNA) and 308(ESPN2A) HD?

They are alternates for ESPN and ESPN2 they are both only SD.

I understand that. But isn't it odd that currently 308 is showing the VOOM HD Promo. (the same as 700 and 999)

Correction. I am told they are not test channels. Both of these are HD channels and the SD feed (when espn uses the alt) is upconverted.

Thanks for following up for me, Sean. Now, can we start to wonder what will be on those channels? ESPN2HD?

When those channels are HD, just one question. Where's all this bandwidth coming from? Or are the new encoders like the one on Ch700 able to handle more compression without any reasonable degration?

The thing that I do not understand is I thought VOOM only had the capacity to do 39 HD channel right now. According to my calculation they now have 40 HD channels on as follows :

21 Exclusives
10 Movie Channels in the 200's
ESPNHD
Bravo/Universal HD
TNT-HD
Discovery HD
Playboy HD
IN VOOM Now on 4 channels : 999, 700, 304 and 308

Correct me if I am wrong, but that totals 40 HD channels. Did VOOM suddenly get more space ? How do they now have 40 HD channels ? Maybe they are planning on putting on more HD channels on their current bandwith ?

InVoom may be the same channel, sat companies can remap the same signal to multiple channels, thus only taking up a single transponder.

DarrellP said:
InVoom may be the same channel, sat companies can remap the same signal to multiple channels, thus only taking up a single transponder.

Well, if those 4 INVOOM channels are really one channel then they only have 37 channels and have room for 2 more HD channels. Did anyone say ESPN2 HD ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)