Food Network now on channel 616 and Channel 700

Are you guys able to view it though? I tried to view it this morning and got a call voom now to subscribe to this channel.

garveyj said:
Are you guys able to view it though? I tried to view it this morning and got a call voom now to subscribe to this channel.

No problems here. I just checked. Not that I will watch it but it is nice that's here for those who like it. :)

maybe it will help with subscriptions too....Seems like a lot of people were waiting for these last 2 channels before making a commitment to voom. It is not that I watch it, but My sister watches it alot and they did not want voom without it...now they can get it.

I am glad it is up and running. :)

Remember where you read about it first, here at SatelliteGuys.US. :D I am sure later today or tommorow it will be another site front page news, but again remember where you read it first. :D

It is up and running this morning on Channel 616. The PG says "no info" until later in the morning, then it has programming for the Food channel.

I'm very glad to see Voom get some key channels and continue to expand. Good news.

Guess we're watching Alton Brown tonight.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I am glad it is up and running. :)

Remember where you read about it first, here at SatelliteGuys.US. :D I am sure later today or tommorow it will be another site front page news, but again remember where you read it first. :D

Scott, I just wanted to thank you for the great job you do on getting us scoops on VOOM. You get great information. You are the best. I can't thank you enough for sharing the information with us when you get it.

So is Food network on both 616 and 700? HD? I'm not near a tv.

And again you guys are the greatest!! :bow

Please, help !!! Instead of Food I get Black Screan ! Rest of the channels seems fine ! I get the Food info on 616 and thats about it ! Anyone else is having this ?? I did reset the box , but that did not help ! Thanks ! :confused:

vytaurass said:
Please, help !!! Instead of Food I get Black Screen ! Rest of the channels seems fine ! I get the Food info on 616 and thats about it ! Anyone else is having this ?? I did reset the box , but that did not help ! Thanks ! :confused:

Same problem here :(

NDS encrypted Channels require LAtest Software version

Channel 616 is an NDS encrypted channel requiring the latest software version (726) from Voom. If you dont have version 726 place the set top box in standby and you should received the new code overnight. Both the channel and the new version are awesome.

If you are on 7.26 and are not getting ch.616, try rebooting the STB: unplug it for a few seconds, plug it back in and then leave it alone a few minutes for the guide to load.

vytaurass, RobMarz,
Welcome to the Forum!

Why do they even bother adding a SD channel if they aren't going to give it some bandwidth? It looks like crap on my 27" TV, I hope you guys enjoy it after all the bitching to get it. Hopefully it was the source, I'll check back after I fire up the pj tonight.

Fast Forward a few hours. OK, checking out Food & HGTV on my pj, WTF? Why do the commercials look almost as good as OTA digital SD channels but the program material sucks? I don't get it. It's not old material either. I watched Emeril's Holiday show and the PQ was absolutely awful, but when a commercial came on, it looked great. :confused:

FWIW, I watch ZERO SD, I even tried watching something on the normal Discovery channel tonight but couldn't stomach the picture. It's a good thing there's plenty of HD & DVD's to watch.

Thanks guys. I forced the download of 726 (had been targeted for a week or more) and the Food network is now showing. That makes the wife very happy.

How, do you force download new software ?
I been Target it for new version for about two to three weeks...and still have old 620 !
I really need that Food ! I was very close to cancel my Voom service because if that chanell, know I'm very happy they added, I just can not get it going !
P.s. I'm profesional chef !-) Hope that will explain my concern ! Thanks for all suport ! Now when I will get My Food going I will stick with Voom ! Oh, and I love this forum!

I am to not getting the Food channel to tune in as my other post as of this morning. Maybe I need to try a hard reboot, unplugging the stb. I did have Voom send an access hit and I do have 7.20 software. If anyone else has any suggestions pleaserespond here or on my post.

vytaurass said:
How, do you force download new software ?
I been Target it for new version for about two to three weeks...and still have old 620 !
I really need that Food ! I was very close to cancel my Voom service because if that chanell, know I'm very happy they added, I just can not get it going !
P.s. I'm profesional chef !-) Hope that will explain my concern ! Thanks for all suport ! Now when I will get My Food going I will stick with Voom ! Oh, and I love this forum!

Just go into system settings. Go into Installers Menu. Go to Verify VOOM. Once you verify VOOM it will tell you updates are available. It will ask you do you want them now or later ? Select update now and the box should do the rest of the work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts