Status
Please reply by conversation.

CWS_kahuna

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
California
Well it's Wednesday and Friday 8/13 the Olympics start. Has anyone seen this channel 84 come up on their guides yet? Assuming they will be on channel 84, I thought I had read they will be.

I am wondering if I/we will have to call Direct TV and ask for the channel or if it will just show up sometime between now and Friday.

Yeah where is that channel. I want to know as well.

I want to know what bird it will be using, As i still do not pick up the 119 sat and hope it is with a lot of the other HD channels on 110.

I did call and they said it would be shown on channel 84 but as expected they had no idea when or how it will show up. Maybe it will come up about an hour after the opening ceremonies start.

Will the opening ceramonies be shown OTA in HD through NBC?

I live in Utah, and receive NBC DTV via an OTA antenna. Since our area was not listed in the Directv press release, I sent an e-mail to the local NBC station. They currently broadcast digitally on two stations: 5-1 and 5-2. They are going to broadcast the standard NBC feed on 5-1 and the NBC-HD feed on 5-2. If I get the signal on Directv, that is a bonus, but we are covered here OTA.

Got a call about this tonight. ch 84 is scheduled to start airing the 14th(i know its a day late :() dont remember what bird, prolly the 110. Thats where most of our HD comes from. I do remember seein that you should be able to get it even w/out the HD pckg

Well if it's the 14th so be it! At least we kow not to expect it until then, if we happen to get it by Friday I guess that's just a little better.

kageyfna said:
Got a call about this tonight. ch 84 is scheduled to start airing the 14th(i know its a day late :() dont remember what bird, prolly the 110. Thats where most of our HD comes from. I do remember seein that you should be able to get it even w/out the HD pckg

Now whenever I turn to channel 84 (it's still not showing up on my guide), it tells me the "For Ordering Information, Call Ext." blah blah blah. Since I don't live in any of the cities Dish Network is currently advertising, I doubt I will get it in at all. However, for people who live in one of those cities, tune to channel 84 and see what you get come up?!

~Alan

kageyfna said:

I found this page on DirecTv. It states that programming will begin August 13th.

Well if it comes up the 14th that is another case of DIrectv being a day late with anything they do.

They have scheduled programming on NBC HD tomorrow for the op. ceramonies, yet Directv wants to start channel 84 on the 14th? That is totally stupid, and I encourage any and all DIrectv employees to foreward that message on to management. Get a clue already Directv and stop being a day late with anything HD related.

Has anyone called who isn't in an O&O market? I noticed on D*'s website that it says other markets may qualify. Louisville is listed under DISH's side. I wonder if it will be on D* as well?

EDIT: Well I just called and found out that I won't be able to get this channel. I was told that since I'm in the Louisville DMA which isn't an O&O (I already knew this) market that I can't get it. You can only get it if you live in one of the 14 O&O areas. This is one area DISH will have clout over Directv. I was really hoping for this channel too.

What's very odd is Directv lists the 14 O&O markets but also says: "Other markets are also available - call 1-800-DIRECTV to find out if you qualify to see the Olympics in HD in your area."

I was told you could only get it in the 14 markets. What others are Directv talking about?

They are nuts Jason, they know not what they say.

I am in a market, asked them and they had no idea when it will be active.

I am not counting on today however....................

So I can get the CBS HD feed on channel 80, pay for the Directv HD package, have all the proper equipment yet am told by Directv I am NOT eligible for the NBC Olympics feed on channel 84. I live 40 minutes north of NYC. What B.S.!

ANyone getting ch 84 on DTV? Its not coming in for me here in NY.

MAJOR BLUNDER with no olympic coverage, opening ceremonies would have been great
Directv is officailly the same as everyone else, sunday ticket means nothing as i work on Sundays so officially Directv is no better than dish or voom,

CREDIT on bill

Just got off the phone with dir tv , they credited another $20 month and also
will give me up to 100 dollars to purchase an over the air antenna, all this because im pretty peeved they have no hd olympic opening ceremonies, im in philly area so im well within coverage area so its not an issue being eligible, it is an issue of D tv not being in the game, im not sure how much more i want to bother with D tv

I get NBC OTA great, but they were not broadcasting the opening ceramonies in HD.

I am not sure why they would be blocking people out for NBC HD, as the programming is different on the HD channel than it is on regular NBC OTA.

Took the CSR 45 minutes on the phone to figure out the channel 84.........I really have very little faith in anyone that works for that company...................

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)