channel editor

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
I tried to get that new Mediabox editor to work but it just craters out. I tried to import files under several options such as the ALI and something that said geosat or something like that.
No luck, just errors, it doesn't seem to like MicroHD files. So I gave up on it.

I am pleased to report however that using Crossover for OS X, I got the AliEditor working fine on my Mac.. :)

I would be interested to learn what to do to make that other editor work AliEditor is ok but it's written for windows XP. :facepalm

Or maybe there's a newer version?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-02 at 5.22.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-02 at 5.22.44 AM.png
    456.9 KB · Views: 294
Need more information.

MES imports/exports/edits microHD files on my XP and Win 7 machines.

The are no ALI Editor updated versions released.

Use caution with editors. Some versions will create a corrupted channel list that can send the micro into a boot loop. Best to use the versions posted here on SatelliteGuys.

It's my understanding that you can run Windows XP in a "Virtual Box" mode in a partition on a Mac hard drive. Not sure exactly how that's done as I'm a Linux guy not a Mac guy. I know a couple of guys that do run Windows programs that way on Macs.

It's my understanding that you can run Windows XP in a "Virtual Box" mode in a partition on a Mac hard drive. Not sure exactly how that's done as I'm a Linux guy not a Mac guy. I know a couple of guys that do run Windows programs that way on Macs.

I ran Ubuntu Linux for a few years. I ran the AliEditor in Wine when I was wasting my time and money with that piece of garbage Openbox S10..

Openoffice on OS X is pretty much the same thing as Wine, it runs the AliEditor just fine and I've used it to run several other windows apps without having to install a copy of windows.

I do have Boot Camp which is a virtual machine but you have to install a legit copy of windows within it. I have several legit copies of windows but I really don't want it on my Mac.

Worse case, I could always run it on the pc that is running MyTheater, it has windows 7 on it. I just don't like using it because the keyboard/touchpad is waaaay tiny..
I try not to use it for anything except watching TV and shared disks.

Besides, my Mac is many times faster than the windows pc.. :D

Attachments

• tiny keyboard.jpg
    tiny keyboard.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 152
Use caution with editors. Some versions will create a corrupted channel list that can send the micro into a boot loop. Best to use the versions posted here on SatelliteGuys.
Yep I found that out the hard way some months ago that my Ali editor doesn't work with Win 8 64 bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts