Channel Master 75E Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

BiggRedd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2010
South Texas
I have the Starband/DN version of the CM75E. Since I have a sub to neither anymore, I pulled off the Tx/Rx SB device along with the two DN LNBF's(119 & 110) and borrowed two working KU LNBF's from a friend to use on this dish to receive 1 or 2 satellites.

My problem: What is the focal point length? The arm is 18.75" overall and from the edge of the dish to the end is 16". I have tried just about everything to no avail.

I know lots of folks have converted this dish and claim it works well.

I just need a very, very simple straight forward example and/or explanation.

I don't have enough days left in my life for much more frustration!:)
Thanks very much!

That dish is KU band

Welcome to Satellite Guys !!!!:welcome

The dish you have it already KU band - - - all you need to do is just connect the receive portion and leave the Transmit disconnected.

These are great dishes and work well for FTA!

Use the Starband LNB and feed, note that the feedhorn is shaped to illuminate the entire dish, a regular Ku LNB is designed for a round dish and will either over or under illuminate an oval dish.

GL,Eric

I agree with Oldford, and if you don't want the original LNB, at least keep the original feedhorn. You should be able to attach any C-120-flanged LNB to the feed (might have to remove a waveguide first).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)