Channel Master dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was thinking more along the lines of this

I just need to find a way to make something like this roof mountable.

Guapoharry, funny you should mention using the Slimline J-pole and monopoles... My next project is to re-install both of my motorized 3ABN dishes on these. They will each be bolted to a separate, flat NPRM base and blocked down. That will free up a 2 3/8" full sized NPRM, to which I intend to finally mount my Toroidal T-90 :D ...

While these Slimline monopole/J-pole rigs are adequate for a motorized 36", you're right in pointing out that they probably wouldn't be strong enough to handle a 1 meter dish. Also, I doubt the dish and motor would have enough clearance.

Yes Tron, that slimline J-pole setup was the solution for a lame Fortec univmount. The univmount was barely enough for the dish without motor. Not only would the side arms allow the pole to twist, but the foot and pole had oversize bolt holes for a single bolt that ran through the entire assembly. When you tighten the bolt and nut, it crushes the foot and pole because there is no spacer inside for the bolt to clamp down on.

What is good about the slimline mount is: There are two places on the foot where bolts fasten. And, there is a block inside the pole that the bolts on the sides fasten to.

OP, about that aussie mount you linked to, I would be wary about the pole twisting in the mount. You could put sand paper between the pole and mount for some grip. Or you could drill a hole in the clamp/pole and drive a sheet metal screw into it to pin it.

Attachments

• slimline-j-pole.jpg
    slimline-j-pole.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 126
  • univmount.jpg
    univmount.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 109
Status
Please reply by conversation.