Channel numbers don't match between Pansat 4500 vs Openbox HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

satelituser

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
USA
Openbox HD pvr registers programs under different channels vs. Pansat 4500 with the same options set, i.e. normal scan, FTA only. For example RT is channel 6 with Pansat but channel 85 with Openbox, not very convenient to have to remember 2 set of numbers. Is this normal? Thank you.

Even if you scanned the satellites in the same order on both receivers (doubtful), the Openbox is a High definition receiver where the 4500 is not. Besides the issue of picking up extra HD channels, the sensitivity of each receiver is quite different. I have a Viewsat Pro among other sat receivers, and it never picks up as many channels as my very old Pansat 2500 did.

also the transponders may be in a different order if you do a scan.

If you do a blind scan as example, the Pansat starts with Horizontal polarity while a Coolsat 5000 does vertical first

Openbox HD pvr registers programs under different channels vs. Pansat 4500 with the same options set, i.e. normal scan, FTA only. For example RT is channel 6 with Pansat but channel 85 with Openbox, not very convenient to have to remember 2 set of numbers. Is this normal? Thank you.

You can edit the order of the channels from inside the OpenBox menu so you always have the same numbers.

Tried blind scan (Galaxy 19), Openbox picked up about 370+ channels. Checked all did not find any new ones from 250+ Pansat 4500 picked up from the same satellite. Interestingly they were many duplicates like RT, PressTV and some others.

Tried blind scan (Galaxy 19), Openbox picked up about 370+ channels. Checked all did not find any new ones from 250+ Pansat 4500 picked up from the same satellite. Interestingly they were many duplicates like RT, PressTV and some others.

Maybe you performed a blind scan and your LNBF LO frequency is slightly off? This would produce similar frequencies offset by a few MHz that the receiver would not recognize as duplicate transponders and perform scans producing multiples of the same channels, but with slightly different frequencies.

i had a cheapo digiwave linear LNB that found multiples of the same channel frequently. i got an Invacom qph-031 and it doesn't do that.( kinda spendy). The option is to go back and delete the extra channels. If you get a motor and start blindscanning all over the sky you'll be deleting whole transponders of channels often.

When scanning don't use any of the Auto settings. At least that's how it works for me

search mode...Blind
frequency.......Manual
Min Frequency...10705
max Frequency...12200
Polarity..........All Polarity

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)