Viewsat ULtra.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

corunnaflyer

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
ontario
I have an ultra that I want to use on FTA. How do I know it is factory state and how do I get it there?

I know nothing of Viewsats but you ought to be able to go into your menus and find something like a "System Information" page. On that page should be hardware and software version number, etc. Post that info here and I'm sure someone can decipher what you have loaded in that box.

If you need to reload some factory firmware and reset I bet someone here can provide an OEM bin (or tell you where to find it) and guide you in the process.

Boot loader .12
Main S/W 1.43
Satelite U007

This is a Hacker firmware. You will need 3 files. After you do a Factory Reset you will need to run a SYSTEM CLEAN file which will erase any hacker traces in you box. After that you will need to run the very original FACTORY FILE dated 4/21/2007. Finally, you will need to run a SAT/TP updated file dated 3/20/2009. All you have to do is send me a PM with your e-mail so I can send them to you.

Note:
You need to stay away of a NEW FACTORY FILE released on 9/2/2010 because if you install this one you won't be able to go back (use any bin file with a date before 9/2/2010). If you update these files, you can't downgrade to old files

Yep, you should be ready. Add your sats configurations , scan them and enjoy your FTA system with no h4ck3rs (illegal) traces in your box,

:DThanks for you help. Now all I need to do is cut a hole in my neighbors house to see the satellite.
Koodos to this site. There are so many "FTA" sites on the internet you don't know what you are getting into.

:DThanks for you help. Now all I need to do is cut a hole in my neighbors house to see the satellite.
Koodos to this site. There are so many "FTA" sites on the internet you don't know what you are getting into.

I think I may have some newer firmware than that one, 1.24 seems like an old one. They didn't get the AC3 sound working right on the Ultra factory firmware until 1.40-something version. I'll look on my windows partition and see if I still got it.

I thought the 1.43 was legit software. I am using 1.46 for my TRUE FTA and I see no traces of the "haxxorz" options in there. I am running U00D for my sat list too.

I thought the 1.43 was legit software. I am using 1.46 for my TRUE FTA and I see no traces of the "haxxorz" options in there. I am running U00D for my sat list too.

Yes Sir you are correct,the 1.46 is the latest factory file that i know of for the Veiwsat Ultra!

Yes Sir you are correct,the 1.46 is the latest factory file that i know of for the Veiwsat Ultra!

If 1.46 is dated 100902U New Factory Firmware you should read the release note as I mentioned it in my original post:
(by the way corruna if you want this one let me know and I'll e-mail to you)

"Please make sure you get the correct file for your receiver.
If you update these files(100902), you can't downgrade to old files. If new files do work, the old ones should not work either."

VS Team make them not to downgrade to prevent clones.

Enjoy!!

If 1.46 is dated 100902U New Factory Firmware you should read the release note as I mentioned it in my original post:
(by the way corruna if you want this one let me know and I'll e-mail to you)

"Please make sure you get the correct file for your receiver.
If you update these files(100902), you can't downgrade to old files. If new files do work, the old ones should not work either."

VS Team make them not to downgrade to prevent clones.

Enjoy!!

The statement i made is true that the 1.46 is the latest factory file for the Ultra,however i was not aware of the issues involved with it. Seems as if the 1.43 was released in 2008 and might be the latest a person would want to use!

Semo:
I have send them both files including 1.46 so they make their final decision which one to use. Thanks a lot for your inputs!!!:up

by flashing do you mean 35,30,36,33 or more like 35,0,35,0,35,0 on the yellow quality gauge?
The first is ordinary(quality can vary by 5 or so points)
The second would indicate a connection problem
(loose cable, water in cable etc).
It looks like your getting something. try a blindscan and see what it scans. I can get a qualityas low as 15 on some stations and still get video on my VS ultra

My receiver works by connecting it to friends dish. I have blind scanned and get a lot of stations. But no pix or sound when I try to tune to them. At my friends house we got more that 200 channels here I get less than 100. Dish is new GEOSAT PRO, new rg6 (100ft) cable, single lnbf @15°. Would a large tree 750ft away be an issue for quality?

flyer-what satellites are you trying to scan? As for a tree that far away, I wouldn't think so, but I believe you can look on dishpointer and put in your coordinates to see if there's anything close enough to be a signal-blocker.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)