just to verify: in installation>antenna setup your settings should be
lnb power : on
lnb type:standard
lnb freq:10750
22khz off
DiSEqC None
Motor None
Legacy SW None
Im assuming you're in Corunna Ontario and trying to get Galaxy19 97w(the "@15°")what are some of the channel names you're scanning in? you might be scanning a dish/expressvu sat
are you sure your lnb is linear? what does it say on the lnb's label? how big is the dish? linear
sats are harder to get than dish/expressvu sats and need more fine tuning(using tiny up/down left/right pressure)to peak signal quality

LNB
Standard single LBNF Geosat Pro. GSL1s- Bullet
Input 11.70-12.75Ghz
L.O.. 10.75 Ghz.
gain 60db.

I did get a strong signal from a dish satellite @ 119. This is perlexing because I wouldn't think it was that close.

I am going to relocate the dish. By the way it is a geosat pro 90cm.

Thats a start! If you hit 119, then at least you have an idea of what direction you were pointing. move the dish east some more, and keep at it. (if weather permits , lol) You can find those echostar satellites very quickly because they are putting out so much power.

you're making progress. it helps to put little sharpie marks on your pole and elevation when you find a sat so you have a frame of reference.increase your elevation about 10 degrees and pan slowly east, about 27deg

Thanks for the tips. Got about 8" of snow last night, this will impair my roof climbing excursions for a while. I will post something when I CAN GET ON THE ROOF. Maybe April :(.

:) OK! The good news is I have a picture. It is the Pentagon channel. As far as I can see that is AMC 1. Is that correct? If so, I know where I am pointing now.

corunnaflyer said:
:) OK! The good news is I have a picture. It is the Pentagon channel. As far as I can see that is AMC 1. Is that correct? If so, I know where I am pointing now.

Yes you are at 103w.

Flyer if you found that one, you might try hopping by one satellite at a time, to the east. Mark it on the pole, then twist the pole/dish slightly to the east, like 1/8" and scan again for 101W . When you find it, mark that one and you'll have an idea of how apart the satellites are ( two degrees in space ). I do that when I'm having a hard time finding just one satellite with a fixed dish, getting a starting point makes it easier to do. Write the sat names on the pole with a pencil or something.

:) WOW. I have hit Galaxy 19! I have done a blind scan and get only 44 channels. Mostly oriental. What am I missing now?

If you have 44 channels, mostly oriental, I think you're on SES-1 (formerly AMC-4) at 101W. Galaxy 19 at 97W has over 200 video channels, of which about 2/3 are unscrambled.

Almost there! Raise the dish 2 degrees and pan to the East 6 degrees on a compass reading (1/4" if you are marking the mast). Transponder frequency 12152 is a great one to use as it makes Galaxy19 easy to find.

I was on the wrong satellite. I am sure I am now on G19. I am getting a lot of stations mostly foreign language. I am trying to get Glorystar programming. At the next opportunity I will elevate 2 degrees.

Once again thanks for everyones help. Sooner or later i will get this done. It was -10 here today. Not a good day for tweaking.

In that kind of cold, it wouldn't take me long to finish tweaking, either! Maybe you'll get a warm breeze soon.

We got it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Thank you everyone for all your help. This my first experience with FTA.

I done this for my wife. Believe it or not I don't even watch TV, but I do enjoy the challenge of messing with this stuff. So what motor do you reccommend? No hurry because the videos I have watched looks like I may need to do a Little tweaking. I have done enough sub zero tweaking for now. It is going down to -20 tonight definitely not up on the roof tweaking weather.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.